No announcement yet.

Your favourite Guitar-Solo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In My Dreams, Dokken / Lynch won GFTPM solo of the year in 86 for this one.

Comment

The bit at the end of Bold as love where he makes that thing cry, it still makes the hair at the back of my neck stand up when I hear it!
      Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

There's no way I could name just one favorite solo. How I react to a solo can really depend on my mood there and then. But the solos I like most are the ones that are recorded in one take, live in the studio, and the player really puts his soul and emotion in his playing! Like someone said earlier; When the lyrics and the feeling of the song really get inside the guitarist, and he's got maybe 20-30 seconds to express it, with feeling.. That's what makes the hair stand on my back!
        A real "hair-raiser" for me in that respect is Uli Jon Roth, he plays the guitar and writes the lyrics. And what he may lack in singing-voice, he makes up for by letting his guitar totally tear it up..!
        Listen to "Burning Wheels Turning" or "I'm a River", you'll know what I mean
        "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

green grass and high tides, The Outlaws
          Free Bird
          Stone cold Crazy, Queen (actually most of the Sheer heart attack album)
          I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Randy-SATO
            Eddie-Eruption
            Paul Gilbert-Just Take My Heart
            Gary Moore-Always Gonna Love You
            Jimmy Page-Since I've Been Loving You

I agree, it's all about the feel...Not the note#!

Comment

most of the Tesla solos are sweet.

Comment

Yeah, "Cummin Atcha Live" is very cool. The Solo kicks ass!
                RATT RULES!

Comment

Randy Rhoads - Mr Crowley
                  Gary Moore - Shapes of Things
                  John Sykes - Crying in the Rain
                  Yngwie - Soldier Without Faith
                  Adrian Smith - 22 Acacia Avenue
                  Stevie Ray Vaughan - Voodoo Chile
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Eric Clapton-Holy Mother
                    RR- Crazy Train
                    Megadeth- Symphony of Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by ABSOLUT CHARVEL View Post
                      Whole lotta Rosie
                      A-blues climbing up the positions, classic rock double-string bends, Angus attitude... "You could say it's got it all" (duh-nih-nuh-nah-nuh-nih-nuh)

Comment

Wow, this is hard. I like to be entertained by a solo and it really has to do the song some justice, not just a spot to showcase the guitarist.
                        If you have the "In the Round, In your Face" Def Lep video, the duel solo in "Diehard the Hunter" by Steve and Phil just perfectly fits the song and is pretty sweet.

Comment

Cinnomon Girl- Niel Young - wicked note choices.
                          Strat God Music
                          http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

I think a solo is good when it fits good to the song and when it has a feeling! You don't have to play very fast to be a good guitarist!
                            You can play 400 notes in a minute and nobody want's to hear you. But you can play 30 notes and everybody say "WOOOW"... You have to put feeling in your fingers. For example a good finger-vibrato isn't so easy as it sounds...!
                            RATT RULES!

Comment

Originally posted by René View Post
                              I think a solo is good when it fits good to the song and when it has a feeling! You don't have to play very fast to be a good guitarist!
                              You can play 400 notes in a minute and nobody want's to hear you. But you can play 30 notes and everybody say "WOOOW"... You have to put feeling in your fingers. For example a good finger-vibrato isn't so easy as it sounds...!
                              Lets not start an argument about "speed has no emotion." Im tired of hearing it. By the way, alot of guys like David Gilmour and Shawn Lane use whammy bars as a source of vibrato more often than their fingers. Im not saying its better than finger vibrato, but I like using the whammy bar for vibrato better.

Comment

Randy's solo in Tonight
                                I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Working...
                                X