Need some help from the KY, TN, NC, SC, GA crew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help from the KY, TN, NC, SC, GA crew

I'm taking off from the western midwest in a couple of weeks to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway. Any suggestions for scenic backroads or things not to miss along the way in TN, KY, NC, SC, or northe GA?
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Cades cove in east Tn.West of Pigeon Forge Tn on HWY 321 at Townsend Tn.Then ride east to HWY 421 go south thru the Cherokee Indian resv.Then down to Ashville N.C. and see the Biltmore mansion.Then on to the Blue Ridge parkway.If coming thru Western Ky stop for BBQ just about any where becaue its damn good.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

gibson plant
      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

If you make it into Virginia, there are some nice wineries right along the Parkway. They have tasting tours. Bedford, Va has the D-day memorial.

Comment

brad - if you get anywhere near raleigh let me know.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Hadn't planned to make it quite that far east Tim but then again I don't exactly travel with an agenda. I once left San Jose headed for Nova Scotia and wound up in Alaska.
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

If you have time, check out Mammoth Cave in KY. It's pretty awesome. We visited a few of years ago & hope to get back someday. There's over 300 miles of caves there.

Comment

If you're passing through Northwest TN, lemme know. Not much to do here, though, and it'll probably be on a day I gotta work
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

So newc take the day off.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Newc I'll definitely be going through northwest Tennessee. It's between here and there as it were.

Comment

Need some help from the KY, TN, NC, SC, GA crew

> If you find yourself far enough up into KY to wind up on the West Kentucky Parkway,and have to travel any length on it,make sure you have plenty of music with you. It's along a mountain chain,and all you can pick up on the radio is old-school country or talk radio. Driving the full length of it takes about 4 hours,and it's the most desolate place I've ever driven. Tommy D.
                      "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Working...
                      X