A tragic child death.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A tragic child death.

This happens alot and it just doesn't have to be. http://www.kirotv.com/news/11603525/detail.html
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Jesus........ thats awful. Thats really something you wouldn't think anything of normally, but as a parent, you really have to look for those things! Really sad man......

Comment

Exactly. And that's why I posted it.

Comment

I read about a girl who drowned in a septic tank once.. I think it was her mother who found her. If that doesn't make you sad I don't know what will
        "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

This is why I don't let my daughter out of my site when she plays outside... period.
          There is no excuse to take my eyes off of her. The phone can wait... that's what voicemail is for... the front door can ring until hell freezes over.

The saddest thing I've seen is a life flight helicopter landing on the next street over because a house full of adults let a 2 year old walk out the back door and fall into a swimming pool and drown. No... the child didn't survive.
          Everyone thought someone else was watching the child.
          There's just no excuse for it.
          -Rick

Comment

Who lets their two year old that far out of their sight? Very sad that a child had to die that way.

Comment

I'm not sure whether I did the right thing when me and my 3 year old son were at a beach with no waves. But he tripped in 3 inches of water and fell facedown. I was right there. I waited about 5 seconds before I pulled him up. I am positive that it made an impression. Is that hard love?

Comment

You were right there... that's all that matters.
                Hell my daughter got knocked over by a wave in San Diego when she was 2.
                I was holding her hand while we splashed around... she still got a face full.
                She still loves going to the beach.
                -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                  You were right there... that's all that matters.
                  Hell my daughter got knocked over by a wave in San Diego when she was 2.
                  I was holding her hand while we splashed around... she still got a face full.
                  She still loves going to the beach.
                  That happened at Mission Bay with my son. What a cowinkydink. Yeah, kids need to respect water traps ASAP.

Comment

My nephew's firstborn son drowned at 11 months old, in the bathtub, because his mother was distracted by a neighbor. She would never admit that it was her fault in any way, either. It wasn't an issue of blame, but of the fact that they had 2 more kids while trying to stay together in the aftermath of that death, and she showed no responsibility. So he divorced her and she left him with the kids.

Which is why they're still alive today, unlike their brother...
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Man, that is just sad. I have a 3 and 1 year old and I can only imagine how I would handle that kind of news. I worked in a funeral home up until last year and I saw this kinda stuff on a regular basis. The kids were always the hardest to deal with, whether it was their passing or watching them deal with their parents passing.

I had the prevlidge of making DVD Memorial Videos for all the cases that went through my desk. It really put a face to the names and made them human. If I took anything from that experience it was to cherish every moment that you have with your family, because you truly never know when it will be the last. I never leave home without hugging my wife and kids and telling them I love them.

Personally, I'd like to say that because of cases like these and my personal experience at the Funeral Home that I watch my kids like a hawk, but as much as you try all it take is a few seconds for tragedy to strike. I realized this last summer when I was working on my evaporative cooler and my son who had just turned 2 decided to climb to the roof using the ladder. I never thought for a moment he would have the skill or courage to climb that ladder to the roof. My heart almost stopped when I noticed him climb onto the roof. Thankfully, my first reaction was not to yell or scare him, but to walk over as quickly and calmly as I possibly could. The last thing I wanted to do was scare him to run.
                      Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Here is what always scared me when I lived at the "House from Turkfuk Hell". My stepson and his wife would be working outside. And I mean real labor with tools and power stuff. They would let the 3 year old "Help" and just be in the way. I never could figure that out. The danger was everywhere. One false move with a tool and the kid could have been really hurt. Little kids have no business "Helping" their parents when there is danger present.

Comment

There's nothing like diving in a pool after seeing one of your kids face down and not breathing.

My mother-in-law was "supposedly" on kid duty, but found herself more interested in yelling at my wife because she wasn't cooking something properly. I'm usually on kid patrol 99% of the time because I'm an uptight old white guy and don't trust anyone, but I made the mistake of having a beer with my father-in-law. Fortunately, I scan the pool frequently whenever the kids are around it regardless - I don't care if Jesus is watching them (as in the guy upstairs, not the gardener).

My son (2 at the time) might have been in not more than 20 seconds - he was already purple when I flipped him over for mouth-to-mouth. He was conscious again within 5 seconds, but it was the most horrible thing to happen to me next to my little brother dying in my arms 15 years ago.

The odd thing was the ER doc that checked him out later laughed - apparently, this happens on a regular basis in Grenada Hills, and he was befuddled as to why we came in as everything "was ok".

Needless to say, all 3 of my kids (9, 7, and 5 now) are now better swimmers than me and are looking forward to learning how to surf this summer.
                          Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Probably month or two ago we had a drowned kid too here in Slovenia. Boy was 1,5 years old, he got away from the kinder garten teacher and drowned near in the river.

Comment

They just found those two boys from Red Lake.. looks like they drowned in the lake and froze. "they were just playing outside".. sad.. I can't imagine.

Comment

Working...
                              X