No announcement yet.

Fucking spiffy!! My drummer's in JAIL!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bah, it shouldn't be too bad. I know the cops out here in NS are EXTREMELY forgiving when it comes to putting forth their recommendation for jail time. He may get 2 years tops, or he may just get 1 year house arrest. (Then again, depends how active he was, and if he was 'exporting' his crop-age)

Comment

I can understand the "pot should be legal" argument, but it's not right now. And if the guy's got half a mil worth of stuff, of course they're going to arrest his ass.
      Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
        Approx. half a million worth.
        dude, lets just say hes lucky hes in canada. Here, esp. with any criminal record, that much weed, hed probably be looking at life, with the draconian drug laws we got here. Ill bet he can get less than a year up there.
        Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

A friend of mine got busted with the same thing (something like 1000 - 1500 plants) and he got 6 months house arrest after 1.5 years in the court system. He had a record already that included more drug charges. So i doubt your drummer will be doing time anytime soon.

Comment

Well, he's a farmer of sorts. I don't think I need to elaborate. We have no idea at this point whether he's looking at time, house arrest, or probation. Either way, it's bullshit.
            aaah, say no more. So he's been slipping it to the livestock, eh? Bloody sheep shaggers...
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
              So how big was his "farm"?
              ... or a frikkin corn field?
              Some guys here got busted for that a few years back. They just loaded one row of the planter with dope and the rest with corn and went at it. After 4-5 years of them carrying around big canvas sacks full of cash the police finally took note.
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

is the 1/2 mill teh dollar amount the police say or what your drummer says ? Police always WAY over estimate the street value of weed .

while I certainly see no big deal for pot smokers and users to grow and possess small quanities, farming for profit is asking for trouble imho...risks far outweigh the reward for me.
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                  is the 1/2 mill teh dollar amount the police say or what your drummer says ? Police always WAY over estimate the street value of weed .

while I certainly see no big deal for pot smokers and users to grow and possess small quanities, farming for profit is asking for trouble imho...risks far outweigh the reward for me.

Ah, I knew someone would ask eventually, and you are correct. The police estimated half a mill. In truth, sold in bulk, it was probably closer to a fifth of that. Fortunately he wasn't doing any distribution. He was just the technical part of the operation. We still haven't heard anything, and he hasn't been released yet.
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Ah, I knew someone would ask eventually, and you are correct. The police estimated half a mill. In truth, sold in bulk, it was probably closer to a fifth of that. Fortunately he wasn't doing any distribution. He was just the technical part of the operation. We still haven't heard anything, and he hasn't been released yet.
                    Yup, probably house arrest then. Maybe he'll get even better at drumming!

Comment

Beats growing wheat all to hell.
                      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Can't he plead "personal use for medical reasons" or something, feh, half a mill - barely a lungful.......
                        Almost as rock'n'roll as it gets........unless he explodes in a freak gardening accident as well.
                        Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarnut View Post
                          Can't he plead "personal use for medical reasons" or something, feh, half a mill - barely a lungful.......
                          Almost as rock'n'roll as it gets........unless he explodes in a freak gardening accident as well.

Oh ,it would be like "I'm using this nuclear facility and warhead storage for my personal needs" or somethin' like that
                          I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

kinda funny that growing weed is illeagal, it's a fantastic rope material and it's been used for it for ages.
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Like I said, the whole thing is bullshit. There's much more important things the cops should be doing than wasting tax payer's money going after someone cultivating a fucking plant for christs sake.

I'm about ready to do something very fucking unreasonable.
                              Do what you have to do but your drummer gets no sympathy from me. I don't agree with current drug laws in the US (not sure what yours are exactly) but the law is what it is. He knew he was breaking the law. He did it in a pretty big way too, we're not talking about a closet full for himself and a few friends.
                              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                                Do what you have to do but your drummer gets no sympathy from me. I don't agree with current drug laws in the US (not sure what yours are exactly) but the law is what it is. He knew he was breaking the law. He did it in a pretty big way too, we're not talking about a closet full for himself and a few friends.
                                You're right Tim, and to be honest, I'm pretty pissed off at him myself.
                                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                                X