• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shobet View Post
    I would say jag ew arr.
    But I'm Welsh and it would sound funny!

Same here.
    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Btw,how do you pronounce Ibanez? It's read as "ee-bah-nez" in Turkish and I'm pretty sure the original pronunciation is that way(since it's a Spanish name)

But I get that some pronounce it as i-banez(just like iPod :ROTF and some pronounce it as ee-banez(such as paul gilbert).

So tell me how you say it
      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

I've only ever heard it pronounced Eye-ban-ezz over here.
        Although we did get the occasional "Wise-ass" who'd come into the store and ask about "Ih-ban-eth" guitars. We'd usually laugh and call him a wanker....

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
          I've only ever heard it pronounced Eye-ban-ezz over here.
          Although we did get the occasional "Wise-ass" who'd come into the store and ask about "Ih-ban-eth" guitars. We'd usually laugh and call him a wanker....
          fresh in from Ibiza, eh?
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeth!

Comment

ibanetsu is the right word
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by El_Kabong View Post
                -runs and hides behind the sofa
                I'm gonna "El Kabong" you
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

If pronounced in Spanish (which it is), it would be ih-bon-yez. I always call it i-ban-ez though.
                  If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

I agree with the fellow brits.
                    Jag-you-are
                    BUT pronouncing the full 'are' at the end does sound posh. I would normally just say Jag-u-e
                    where the 'e' is a short vowel sound. like the way you would pronounce the 'er' at the end of 'reaper'
                    Ofcourse Im from up north where you would struggle to label our dulcet tones as the queens english
                    If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jack Bauer spared your life.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

You gotta love Clarkson!
                      If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jack Bauer spared your life.

Comment

Jagwar - it's named after the large feline, which is also their logo.

Por-shuh, as Ron said, since it is named for the designer.

And the correct pronunciation for Ibanez is "I-been-had"
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgUK View Post
                          "like Tom Jones gargling a NASCAR..."
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                            Jagwar - it's named after the large feline, which is also their logo.
                            British car, British pronunciation. Jag-you-are

You'll notice on the video, too, that Clarkson says "aluminium", not "aluminum"
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

I doubt the Americans here know that Jeremy Clarkson is going to be our next Prime Minister.
                              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Huzzah a British thread!

I would have Clarkson's babies if I was a female and attracted to middle aged men with no dress sense, but thank fuck I'm not! But he is funny and I shall miss Top Gear when it's gone. I was lucky enough to see him live at a motor show a few years ago and he did have a pop at the Koreans, I nearly wet myself.

I've enjoyed this thread, long may she continue. It's also nice to see people with Welsh ancestry coming forward. And having seen those who have mentioned having a bit of Welsh in them (steady Matron), it reinforces my opinion that we are a race of trouble makers, and long may that continue!
                                Did you spill my pint?

Right I'm now going to have some tea and cake, how thpiffing!

Hwyl fawr,
                                Shob

P.S. I might also have a wank thinking about Jaguars, or possibly ladies in jaguar fur coats and not much else
                                Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Working...
                                X