No announcement yet.

How do you pronounce: Jaguar ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shar-Vel Jag-Whar , no wait thats Fen-Der Jag-Whar, I wonder if the Guitars leak like the cars, I had an early alloy bodied (1948) XK120 roadster, I bought as a basket case and fixed up and sold. whatta blast, handled like a truck compared to modern sports cars, but in its day it was the "cats" ass.
    Last edited by FusionFarmer; 04-16-2007, 11:41 AM.
    I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

And today would cost you a pretty penny. I hope you made a nice fat profit.
      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
        So, when a brit sees the large feline at the zoo, what does he call it? Is it a Jag-u-ar too?

Yep, that's about the size of it.
        Unless , of course, we are standing in front of the lions.

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
          And today would cost you a pretty penny. I hope you made a nice fat profit.
          Did real well on it, of course its unreal what those cars bring today, no regrets, I bought a couple Aston Martins (DB4 and DB2-4)and a Maserati Mexico with the money and sold em all off when the prices went super high right after Enzo Ferrari died 1987, 88 or so, Now I drive a Volvo,and a old pick up truck,, bummer,,,

Comment

Please tell me that you spent most of the cash on booze, women and parties.......... and wasted the rest.
            Then I will be happy.

Not so long ago you couldn't give away an E-type, now you have to leave one of your testicles as well as a large bundle of notes. I'm hoping the piece of shit Lancia I have in storage is going to rise in value, someday. Soon, please God, VERY soon!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Please tell me that you spent most of the cash on booze, women and parties.......... and wasted the rest.
              Then I will be happy.

Not so long ago you couldn't give away an E-type, now you have to leave one of your testicles as well as a large bundle of notes. I'm hoping the piece of shit Lancia I have in storage is going to rise in value, someday. Soon, please God, VERY soon!
              It will have rusted by then
              Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Then I will be happy.

(actually I think the Zagato bodied Lancia's are getting up there, as well as some of the older stuff)

Sorry to disappoint ya, by the time I sold those cars and a couple Healeys, I was too practical for that, got into Real Estate in FL, live on a 160 acre cattle ranch and spend all my money on guitars and amps and beer, I do want one of those new Mustangs pretty bad right now, maybe next year
                Last edited by FusionFarmer; 04-16-2007, 05:22 PM.

Comment

call it what you want, but it is the Accessories that come with one is all that matters.

...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Aha, so that means my new telly isn't a telly at all, it's a "hi-ya wing yung chong". Or is that my fridge?

The next thing you know, some smart-arse will be telling me that Tomato = "tom-ate-o" and not "tom-art-o"....... :ROTF:
                    No, it is only brand name specific. How far in the sticks are you???

Comment

Working...
                    X