I am now PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
    What kills me is the Media think they are so self-important.

Everything they deem as fact or moral is the way we should all think.

No one will stand up and fight either (yet), but this will become very ugly over the next 10-20 years.
    Sad but true. Now substitute the word Government for Media. Still true.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
      I wasn't slamming him getting fired... merely the BS reason that MSNBC and now CBS have given.
      All I ask is they tell the truth. They canned him because they were loosing AD money. This BS moral high ground speech was pure PR BS.
      If it was for what he said, he would have been shit canned the next day if not sooner.
      It's that kind of dishonest behavior that disgusts me.
      The way they see it is they don't owe us anything. Not the truth, thats for sure. I agree that it was a BS excuse. They always are. See how they waited until today to do it? This quote was last Tuesday or Wednesday. It was almost a "non-story", so close to falling through the cracks. The first person to write about it did it the following Saturday. The fact is, we didn't hear about it until almost a week later. And MSNBC and CBS waited to see how the advertisers would react before doing what they did...

I miss the old days when you could actually trust what you heard on the news...
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
        That won't work. Because, there is a trend that will start to dictate what you can see. There will be a drastic decline in any material that may "Offend" someone and that will suck us into a black hole if we are not careful.
        Of course it will work. No one watching TV equals to no one watching the ads. No one watching the ads, big business will get out of TV to focus on more profitable advertising ideas. Big business out of TV lets more independent thinkers and people with morals in and we all would benifit from that...

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
          Sad but true. Now substitute the word Government for Media. Still true.
          Yes, that is even a sadder fact Tim. You are correct IMO.

As I see it, they are becoming one in the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
            Of course it will work. No one watching TV equals to no one watching the ads. No one watching the ads, big business will get out of TV to focus on more profitable advertising ideas. Big business out of TV lets more independent thinkers and people with morals in and we all would benifit from that...
            Oh Yeah, I want 150 channels of "Public Access" TV.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: Actually, maybe I do.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Well, I don't think it would be 150 channels of public access but I'd trade all 200 channels I have now for 3 with some journalistic eithics...

Comment

Well, I don't think it would be 150 channels of public access but I'd trade all 200 channels I have now for 3 with some journalistic eithics...
                That's why I listen to the BBC and NPR on the radio. No ads. Semi-biased news. They spend more that 2 minutes on a story. And there is follow-up.

Comment

See Fett, there's a start...

Comment

See Fett, there's a start...
                    Give it a go if you haven't already.

Comment

I'll stick with the gazillion channels on Direct T.V. and have all kinds of options to choose from .Funny, some nights, even with hundreds of movie chanels, there's still nothing good on-lol
                      But for Sports, you can't beat it, in fact , you must have it or you're pretty much out of the game.
                      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                        Give it a go if you haven't already.
                        Fett, I LOVE BBC. NPR and I go back and forth but as far as it goes today, it's one of the best out there...

I was talking News but if we are talking Sports, I won't give up my DirecTV for anything...

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                          I'll stick with the gazillion channels on Direct T.V. and have all kinds of options to choose from .Funny, some nights, even with hundreds of movie chanels, there's still nothing good on-lol
                          But for Sports, you can't beat it, in fact , you must have it or you're pretty much out of the game.
                          That's what I have... most nights I look at the guide and ask myself why I keep paying for it.
                          But then some really cool or obscure program will come on and I feel better.
                          -Rick

Comment

Sports baby!!! The real ones(NFL,NHL,MLB, and the NBA during the last rounds of the playoffs i can get through a whole game.
                            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

There was never a time when the various news organizations were purely apolitical conveyors of fact. There was a relatively brief period during which that illusion was cultivated for various reasons. That period is over. Naked partisanship is more honest. I believe the truth is more likely to be ferreted out by blood thirsty competition between rival news organizations driven by rival ideologies. At least we know where MSNBC et al. stand. Apparently, Al Sharpton is accepted as the political voice of Black America and MSNBC and CBS will do as he commands. They are his bitches.

Comment

man in this day and age it seems people are starting to lose sense of humor and get offended by the stupidest things, just to make a ruckus or get attention and get their lawyer to sue someones ass off
                                ----------
                                Gear Action - Washburn Dime 2ST Pro, BC Rich NT Jr. V w/EMG, Dean DFH/CFH, Dean V-Coustic, Jackson USA KV2, Peavey 5150 II, Randall 412CXM, BBE 362 Sonic maximizer, Alesis 3630 noise gate

Comment

Working...
                                X