I am now PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am now PC

As in "Pretty Confused". Now, you can't say anything anymore about anything that "Might" offend one person if there are AD Dollars involved. The media is just out of control. Let's just see if this balances out. Bets? And who listens to ads anyhow?
    I am a true ass set to this board.

It's a world gone mad, fett.

There is no rational dialog that exists anymore. It's always a one-way conversation.

Comment

Fuck being PC!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

silence is how I roll...never get mistunderstood or have to worry about being PC
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

I don't where this thread will go, but I am disgusted with the whole thing. The Media just sucks. Money sucks. The whole thing sucks. Now everyone will have to walk on eggshells. And that sucks.

Comment

It's like watching a science fiction movie where all the media is in control of everything. The journalists are spouting rediculous (sp?) news and everyone believes it!
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

What kills me is the Media think they are so self-important.

Everything they deem as fact or moral is the way we should all think.

No one will stand up and fight either (yet), but this will become very ugly over the next 10-20 years.

Comment

God. I wish it was SciFi, but it's for real.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
                  It's like watching a science fiction movie where all the media is in control of everything. The journalists are spouting rediculous (sp?) news and everyone believes it!
                  It's been like that for years!
                  Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I was listening to the BS excuse the pres of MSNBC news gave for firing Imus and had to change the channel.
                    It had nothing to do with what he said, it was all about the $$$ they were loosing when the advertisers backed out.
                    The fact that he couldn't look directly into the camera with a straight face told me all I needed to know.
                    I like how "the media" were blaming "the media" for things getting blown out of proportion. Hello kettle... this is the pot.
                    -Rick

Comment

You guys fuckin' kill me... You talk like "The Media" had anything to do with it??? Get real. "The Media" doesn't exist anymore. Hasn't since big business took it over. It was real media when private owners had control, not now. Why do you think no one asked the hard questions when Bush first started talking about Iraq? You think that would have flown 30 years ago? Hardly...

Second, Imus has the right to say whatever he wants. We all do. MSNBC has the right to not have it on their air. Period. End of story. They could have fired him for his bad hair. Doesn't make a difference. He has the right to say what he wants, he doesn't have the right to have an audience for it...
                      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

No, this is new. This is a world of hyper-news; hyper-quotes; hyper-gaffs and hyper-reactions. It's a bunch of companies spending billions of dollars to convince me to buy their shit. Now, we are held hostage by this media. You can say anything you want if you write a book. What the fuck is the difference? It's all so inane. You raise a good point about the "Media". It's all ad bucks.
                        Last edited by fett; 04-12-2007, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Here's an idea. Turn off your TV... That's what I do...
                          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I wasn't slamming him getting fired... merely the BS reason that MSNBC and now CBS have given.
                            All I ask is they tell the truth. They canned him because they were loosing AD money. This BS moral high ground speech was pure PR BS.
                            If it was for what he said, he would have been shit canned the next day if not sooner.
                            It's that kind of dishonest behavior that disgusts me.
                            -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                              Here's an idea. Turn off your TV... That's what I do...
                              That won't work. Because, there is a trend that will start to dictate what you can see. There will be a drastic decline in any material that may "Offend" someone and that will suck us into a black hole if we are not careful.

Comment

Working...
                              X