X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soap View Post
    He felt that note man.
    Fuckin right he did. SRV kills
    Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Neal Schon makes some awful faces as well. I never notice, I am always too busy watching his hands, but his expressions drive the wife nuts, LOL.
      Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
        On the subject of this, check out the May 2007 issue of Guitar Player, page 119. One of the more "greatest" pictures I've seen of Joe Walsh.
        I saw that one....That's a hell of a face!!! :ROTF:
        Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer View Post
          I saw that one....That's a hell of a face!!! :ROTF:
          I saw the Lime and I was like "huh? I didn't post on this thread."
          Scott

Comment

Of course, when looking at those pics where the guitar player makes a "funny" face it may look totally weird and dumb. Otherwise I give those guys a credit that they "give their playing a soul", if you know what I mean. Better than guys like Petrucci who are "head players", their stuff is emotionless to me (of course, that is the trend we have in our whole society) and leaves me totally cold. Can one fault a guy who lives his own music?

Comment

Thats The Mojo Face when every guitar player is tapping into his or her Mojo hand, it takes a toll on the player but you get the feel of the music when they do it & hear it in their playing , why do you think Keith Richards looks so hagard! Look at some of the greats over the years who make these faces & now you know why , How they take it a step further from where they found it. Can you tell I watched Cross Roads recently LoL That Britney is such a CockGobbler in that movie:ROTF:
              According To The Prophecy

Comment

Vai is about the hardest for me to watch. I'm still a huge fan and love just about everything he's done, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
                  Now first off credit where credit is due. He has shown himself to be an incredible blues player. I am quite envious of his abilities to play the electric guitar. He obviously has a feel and sense of blues guitar that is above the average player.

But.....

his playing "faces" are way too distracting to me to get into his music.

I'm watching my Crossroads DVD and I check out Mayer's performance. His facial expressions and body movements were so unusual to me that I had a hard time even listening to what he was playing.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

Let me correct some of your grammar.

#1. Never mention "Incredible Blues Player" and John Mayer in the same sentence. Its disrespectful to the players who are actually good.
                  #2. See #1.
                  #3..... ah... nevermind...

Comment

He can play, but I wouldn't call him "incredible". I can't stand his voice, his lyrics, his music, and his over posed photos where he always looks like a slack jawed mouth breather. His Dave Chappelle's show appearence was funny and that brought him up a notch for me...then I heard him actually play guitar and I had a bit more respect for him. His radio stuff just makes me want to hurl.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                      A lot of guitarists are hard to watch. John Mayer is nowhere near as bad as some: Robin Trower makes crazy faces and can't always control his tongue; Yngwie is just sad to watch - he makes Spinal Tap seem tame; SRV got pretty contorted looks on his face - hmm...these are all Strat guys...
                      They are putting a new warning label on Strats similar to the Jackson Strat head stickers on the back of the headstock. It's a sticker that reads: "Warning, playing this guitar will cause extreme facial contortions. Cosmetic surgery may be required at a later date. The COMPANY is not liable for the costs incurred for facial modifications in using this said instrument" Wow!

I like B.B. King's expressions. He mostly smiles. Probably thinking about Lucille!
                      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                        Let me correct some of your grammar.

#1. Never mention "Incredible Blues Player" and John Mayer in the same sentence. Its disrespectful to the players who are actually good.
                        #2. See #1.
                        #3..... ah... nevermind...
                        I guess I took the high road because I didn't want to come off as an Internet player hater. I really feel that Mayer is a good guitar player. I am not a fan of his pop work, but his blues material does showcase an ability to play guitar.

I will never be able to place him among the blues greats, but he does possess a talent that (to me) seems to be above the average guitar player.

I just find his playing faces incredibly distracting from the music. Really really distracting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
                          I guess I took the high road because I didn't want to come off as an Internet player hater. I really feel that Mayer is a good guitar player. I am not a fan of his pop work, but his blues material does showcase an ability to play guitar.

I will never be able to place him among the blues greats, but he does possess a talent that (to me) seems to be above the average guitar player.

I just find his playing faces incredibly distracting from the music. Really really distracting.

He is not an above average guitar player. I think he is an above average writer and performer because he has sold millions of records and made it in the music business. As a guitarist... he is just average. You can go to just about any blues jam at your local club on a weekday and find several players that can outplay him easily.
                          I actually like him as a performer and that Dave Chappelle skit he did was really funny.

Comment

I'm suprised there are so many Mayer fans on this site.

I don't like him. Fair writing skills. SOME guitar chops. I HATE his whiney, weak voice. He looks like he would prefer prison sex over Jessica's ass.

John Mayer is a marginal product created and marketed by the Big Record Companies for the sole purpose of generating money (from primarily women audiences).

*yawn* move on...............
                            Strat God Music
                            http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

Originally posted by Strat God View Post
                              I'm suprised there are so many Mayer fans on this site.

I don't like him. Fair writing skills. SOME guitar chops. I HATE his whiney, weak voice. He looks like he would prefer prison sex over Jessica's ass.

John Mayer is a marginal product created and marketed by the Big Record Companies for the sole purpose of generating money (from primarily women audiences).

*yawn* move on...............
                              + 1,000,000,000
                              Excellent response Jeff.

Comment

Sorry but do not agree. You may not call him "incredible" but he is a descent player imho. You can listen to its Hendrix cover of axis bold as love. Just my h. opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X