Iron Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Man

What's this I see? Finally a decent live-action super hero flick???

The prototype suit looks awesome.
    http://powet.tv/category/comics/marvel/iron-man/
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

and there was me thinking it would be a Sabbath thread...
    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Where's the yellow and red suit? They already ruined X-Men by changing the costumes.
      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
        Where's the yellow and red suit? They already ruined X-Men by changing the costumes.
        Iron Man's original prototype suit was grey, and looked VERY much like that.

Comment

The more familiar ketchup & mustard flavored suit will still be in the movie.
          should be a cool movie
          ----------
          Gear Action - Washburn Dime 2ST Pro, BC Rich NT Jr. V w/EMG, Dean DFH/CFH, Dean V-Coustic, Jackson USA KV2, Peavey 5150 II, Randall 412CXM, BBE 362 Sonic maximizer, Alesis 3630 noise gate

Comment

Yeah I was excited when I first heard they were doing an Iron Man movie. Now that it's getting closer, not so much. Oh well, Spider-man 3 and Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer for the win!

Comment

I was glad that they got someone quirky like Robert Downey Jr.
              Rumors originally were that it would be Tom Cruise yech.

I still think Magnum PI would be the best Stark.
              When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Screw spiderman, Iron Man was always way cooler than that sissy Peter Parker.

chuck
                "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

no?
                  When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                    Iron Man's original prototype suit was grey, and looked VERY much like that.
                    Yup.
                    Last edited by xenophobe; 04-14-2007, 12:31 AM.
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Heh, shows how much I read comic books

It still would be cool if Hollywood didn't try to "coolify" the costumes though. Maybe he gets a red suit later in the movie.
                      Scott

Comment

I remember Iron Man's cartoons, the makers animated a lot of big titted chicks wich was cool when I was 9
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                          Heh, shows how much I read comic books

It still would be cool if Hollywood didn't try to "coolify" the costumes though. Maybe he gets a red suit later in the movie.
                          Try reading all the posts, and perhaps the text in the link I posted. Ya silly guy.

Comment

Originally posted by 442w30 View Post

no?

Not too bad. Not bad at all.

Comment

Yeah, Tom Selleck as Iron Man. I doubt it. Maybe when he hands it over to the other guy and he becomes War Machine, but the first of any movie should be as close to the introductory comic as possible - remember, Tony Stark built the suit as a medical aid for himself because of his heart - sort of like an iron lung.
                              It just had some other neat things in it like an electron beam, being bulletproof, booster jets in the boots, etc.

Hey, a scientist with a heart condition AND a drinking problem, you get random stuff like that

But I'm not sure about Downey. Is he stable enough to handle Tony Stark? is he stable enough to stay out of jail/rehab til they get it filmed?
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X