Two questions for people in Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two questions for people in Japan

How much does a smoke detector cost in a retail store in $ currency, and is Hello Kitty still popular?

Thanks

Originally posted by ApeDosMil View Post
    is Hello Kitty still popular?
    I'm not in Japan, but some of my friends are and I think it's safe to say: YES!
    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Smoke detector, don't know
        Kittychan popular, yes, very
        1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Smoke detectors for residential use start at a little over 5000yen (about $45).

My cousin's daughters like Hello Kitty, but they LOVE Cinammon (another Sanrio character).

Hope this helps-
          QR
          Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Yikes $45 for a smoke thing. They cost like $10 here. I unplugged mine in the trailer. I don't want those bastards going off every time I fry a "Cheap" $12 steak.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I see, I know things are expensive in Japan because merchandise exchanges many different hands before they hit the end consumer.

Thanks

Comment

I heard that a Whopper costs about 25 $ in Japan.And it's in a regular hamburger size.Creepy.
                I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

That's for the 3 week old Whopper the homeless guy fished out of the trash. It's $45 for a fresh one.

Originally posted by Norton View Post
                  I heard that a Whopper costs about 25 $ in Japan.And it's in a regular hamburger size.Creepy.

Comment

Wow.It costs about 5 dollars here.Want some?
                    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

$5 for a whopper? Damn! That's spensive!

Comment

Burger King failed here. MacDonald's closed 45 outlets last year in Japan. A value meal is about $5.00. As in most of the world, we have ethnocentric offerings: the friend shrimp with teriyaki burger. Our MacDonald's sizes are about the same as North American sizes from 20 years ago. I was in shock when I saw the movie, 'Super Size Me'. I am 671" 245lbs and don't think that I could finish the super sized fries.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Kabong View Post
                          I am 671" 245lbs and don't think that I could finish the super sized fries.
                          If you're 55 feet 10 inches tall and only weigh 245lbs, you're one skinny expat
                          Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
                            If you're 55 feet 10 inches tall and only weigh 245lbs, you're one skinny expat
                            :ROTF:
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Oops, 6'1". That's what i get for not hitting the shift key.

Comment

Working...
                              X