A q about tattoo's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A q about tattoo's

What exactly happens if you get a tattoo, then keep growing(horisontally). It's bound to look worse, but exactly how does this worse-looking manifest itself?

Danke Schön
    Thoraby

I've never seen this happen. I imagine you'd have to suffer some drastic weight gain or aging problem, or give birth!
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I was talking with a tattoo artist about that recently. He said, more often than not, a tattoo will shift rather than stretch. He showed me one on his shoulder that he said was centred when he got it. In the last 6 years, he has been lifting a lot, and is pretty damn big. The piece is now closer to the back of his shoulder, but still looks fine.

I think you would have to do some major growth before they started to look bad.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

the tattoo will move wherever your skin does, every time. its something to keep in mind. also, it depends on the design. if you choose a more organic shaped design, it wont be as apparent as a perfectly geometric one.

Comment

hey have you seen the white ink ones they end up looking like cool scars
          85 Jackson 87 model1 87 model6

Comment

white ink fades, so yeah after a few years it won't look like much if that's all you use.
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I have plenty of scars and they don't look cool to me.The tat thing has gotten too popular to be cool.JMO.I had a girl at work ask me what kind of tattoos I had.I said none I don't feel the need.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                I have plenty of scars and they don't look cool to me.The tat thing has gotten too popular to be cool.JMO.I had a girl at work ask me what kind of tattoos I had.I said none I don't feel the need.
                i don't have tats to be cool, I have them cause I like them. But then, I had some of mine when it wasn't cool..so I was always cool..right??:ROTF:
                Nevermind...*going to get another beer*..

Comment

Hey when you're cool you're cool I understand.
                  I understand about them having meaning and making a statement.If you want one by all means go get one.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'm looking into having mine removed
                    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                      The tat thing has gotten too popular to be cool.JMO.I had a girl at work ask me what kind of tattoos I had.I said none I don't feel the need.

Don't leave us hanging!!!!!! :ROTF:

What'd she say to THAT?

Did she:

a. Yell "I feel the need...the need for SPEED!" and then high-five you?

b. Wrinkle her nose and scoff derisively?

c. Walk away with no further comment?

d. Gasp "Omigod, straycat, you're so awesomely tattoo-less!" and proceed to rip off her clothes?

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                        X