I want a better air rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want a better air rifle

Anybody got experience trying different ones? I'm talking the .177 break barrel high power types that are around 1000 fps and come with scopes. I just found out the Crosmans are made in China. Anybody know about Gamo? I think they are made in Spain.

I like these: http://www.airgunsbbguns.com/SearchR...ch=gamo+shadow

I wanna keep the budget around $150 or under, but I want accuracy and 1 shot kills (of crows & other similar critters across the street). Plus I want a scope, cuz these eyes are getting old.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

old soviet air rifles were great... I was an air riffle sniper when I was 8. Everyday after schools my pals came to my place and we started shooting shit. Everything we could find. Walls, ceiling, vases etc. and then we were on the balcony and shot school's windows, cars, peoples' asses. We tought it was a cool thing to do at that time

But damn those rifles were great. If you can find an old Soviet rifle, just buy it, very well made and accurate. The new ones blow.
    The ones I used were black and made of some very strong plastic.... not cheap shit.
    Durning the summer when we were in the woods and shit we shot all kinds of stuff, you could hit things from a pretty long distance with those rifles.

They weren't very heavy.... a little bit heavier then those carnival air rifles but a lot more comfortable and accurate. Those carnival rifles are crap but I still won teddy bears and shit all the time
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Hmm, i personally like the older german air rifles the best. I got a 16 or 17 year old one at home which i bought of the old rifle club in my home town, for just 5 euros. Funny thing is, these things shoot super straight, and have a decent range (birds over about 50 meters is possible, if you shoot well!) Bullet choise is important, pointy ones are hard to get in holland.

I dont have much experience with all these new sniper like air rifles, i personally like rifles without a scope

One thing i do know is that that most german rifles and guns we had at home were the best Good luck finding one that suits YOU the best RacerX, i personally think its about youre own experience when it comes to these things, so make youre own choise, just try some out !
      '87 Jackson RR Custom Shop

Comment

Originally posted by Larss View Post
        Bullet choise is important, pointy ones are hard to get in holland.

I dont have much experience with all these new sniper like air rifles, i personally like rifles without a scope

One thing i do know is that that most german rifles and guns we had at home were the best Good luck finding one that suits YOU the best RacerX, i personally think its about youre own experience when it comes to these things, so make youre own choise, just try some out !

In my youth, I found that flat head pellets were better for bringing down birds, something to do with the transfer of energy. A pointy might pass straight through, but a wadcutter smacks and shocks the target.

It's been 25 odd years since I picked up an air rifle and the other day I saw some advertised, they were cammo painted, had massive scopes and laser sights!!! Eeeh, technology hasn't half moved on since I were a lad and all this round here were fields......

(I had BSA rifles - A Meteor, an Airsporter S, and a Stutzen. Always wanted a Weirauch, but they were too expensive for me as a kid. I bet they are a joke to today's buyer! )
        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Gamo makes really good air rifles.

You might want to go with a .22 air if you want to kill crows. They don't die easily.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
          X