The 2nd Amendment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Evol View Post
    "Mass killings were rare when guns were easily available, while they have been increasing as guns have become more controlled"

Great quote,and something to think about.
    I have another quote, but I'm reluctant to post it because I've never verified the validity. Oh what the hell, if it's wrong, I'm sure someone will set me straight.

The qoute..

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safe, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future." These words were spoken by..........................Adolph Hitler in 1938

Comment

• I dig the song by DRI about gun control. Pretty catchy little tune. Don't agree with them though. Still like 4 of a Kind best.

Comment

• I advocate stirring up the hornet's nest. It's fun if you have 8000+ posts. It gets a little dicey with less than 100.:ROTF: :ROTF:
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

• The world according to Fett, haha...

I can hardly even respond to that umm.. whatever it is...

Comment

• Or how about one from Dirty Harry:

"I believe in gun control. If there is a gun around, I want to be controlling it."

Originally posted by npacheco View Post
            I have another quote, but I'm reluctant to post it because I've never verified the validity. Oh what the hell, if it's wrong, I'm sure someone will set me straight.

The qoute..

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safe, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future." These words were spoken by..........................Adolph Hitler in 1938
            "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

• Stirring up the hornets nest is fun no matter how many posts you have! You do tend to get banned more quickly if you have less than 100 though

Originally posted by fett View Post
              I advocate stirring up the hornet's nest. It's fun if you have 8000+ posts. It gets a little dicey with less than 100.:ROTF: :ROTF:
              "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

• Originally posted by marcus View Post
                Or how about one from Dirty Harry:

"I believe in gun control. If there is a gun around, I want to be controlling it."
                That's what put them over the top. It was the '70's and the "crime time" and the riots. You are a firebrand. Clint and Charles Bronson were the ones that most of these guys grew up with. "I have a rod and it's pointing at you." It was the " I am going to take charge of my surroundings." era. What ever happened to the '60's?
                Last edited by fett; 04-19-2007, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• I love where I live, and i'm never leaving. I've been tucked away here so long now, unless it's Christmas or the yankees make it to the series (or hopefully the rangers to the cup finals) that I have become out of touch with the whole world. Is it really that bad out there in America? All I do is worship Sun, sports, box, partying, and music. I refuse to watch the news, unless it's ESPN or some other sports channel, as this world is seemingly getting to a "bubble's going to pop" level, and it sucks the big one. No I'm not a moron, I went to prep school in New England and figured i had learned enough there to continue life without going to school anymore , I hated class, and yes I thank the powers that be that I don't have to go to school today. Stupid ?
                  Probably. But i feel like I live in heaven almost everyday, even when my job isn't going nearly as good as it used to. You can't beat that feeling with a stick, so I'm sticking to my childlike ways, it's more fun.
                  and to Yet Another One, I'm sorry you're going through that lousy situation that your family is involved in. I'll toss some Atomic magic luck in the air towards your direction tonite in hopes of it becoming done with.
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
                    The world according to Fett, haha...

I can hardly even respond to that umm.. whatever it is...
                    Cleve, come live in my world. It's easy. :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

• Nooo... You don't have any ammo!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
                        Nooo... You don't have any ammo!
                        I don't need ammo. No one is going to fuck with me. I'm too big. And, I can put on a "Face" and look really mean.

Comment

• Originally posted by npacheco View Post

The qoute..

Apple meet Orange,my how different you two are.

I hope you are not comparing Nazi Germany to modern America.A tyrannical dictatorship hell bent on world domination and the destruction of races unlike its leader vs. a Republic of free thinking peoples who don't blindly follow everthing their government tells them?

Excuse me,but it's not the same,it's not even remotely close.

The quote I posted was a matter of fact,not a propaganda statement by a foreign leader with his own agenda.

Fact : In America,mass shootings have risen as guns have become more controlled and regulated.

The restrictions and bans and attempted controls have had no effect,and quite possibly the opposite effect.The more we ban and outlaw and attempt to control to give ourselves a sense of security,we are actually making the criminals themselves the ones who are much more safe as they are less likely to encounter resistance or someone defending themselves or their family.

Comment

• Originally posted by marcus View Post
                            How about domestic opinion?

Discover news based on national and global public opinion research. We report on business, political, social and education issues, and more.

For those who don't want to click, this gallup poll found that as of Jan. 2007, 49% of Americans supported more strict gun sale laws, while only 14% thought they should be less strict.

The big problem with these polls is they always leave out the part that says "of 100 people surveyed".

Now, you go ask that question to 100 people in Wyoming and then 100 people in Boston, you're going to get wildly different statistics.

What did they do, ask 2 people in all 50 States? Wow, 2 people that speak for the entire State, 100 people that speak for the entire Nation.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

• I have a rifle (.30-.30) a shotgun (.410) and a pistol (.357) I bought 2 because I like to hunt, I bought the handgun because 18-19 years ago when I bought it, it was the best looking, best shooting handgun I had come across. Ruger GP-100 awesome gun. Now, I'm damn glad I bought it..it stays loaded by my bed "just in case". People are nuts nowadays, and I'm not going to be a victim, and if I am..hopfully I can turn that table on some asshole.
                              Now..before you go spouting how dangerous this might be for me and my family..I have been thoroughly (sp?) trained. I can pick you off at 300+ yards if necessary with an M-16A1 rifle.
                              I scored "expert" in the Army with my rifle and with hand grenades, I took a security guard course and got certified with a 9 mm and my .357.
                              You will NEVER take my guns from me. Period. Not happenin.
                              You will NOT give the criminal asshole who doesn't get his guns LEGALLY the upper hand.
                              JMO...sorry for the ramble..

Comment

• Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
                                I have a rifle (.30-.30) a shotgun (.410) and a pistol (.357) I bought 2 because I like to hunt, I bought the handgun because 18-19 years ago when I bought it, it was the best looking, best shooting handgun I had come across. Ruger GP-100 awesome gun. Now, I'm damn glad I bought it..it stays loaded by my bed "just in case". People are nuts nowadays, and I'm not going to be a victim, and if I am..hopfully I can turn that table on some asshole.
                                Now..before you go spouting how dangerous this might be for me and my family..I have been thoroughly (sp?) trained. I can pick you off at 300+ yards if necessary with an M-16A1 rifle.
                                I scored "expert" in the Army with my rifle and with hand grenades, I took a security guard course and got certified with a 9 mm and my .357.
                                You will NEVER take my guns from me. Period. Not happenin.
                                You will NOT give the criminal asshole who doesn't get his guns LEGALLY the upper hand.
                                JMO...sorry for the ramble..
                                God bless you Jeri! YOU are the armed and RESPONSIBLE citizen that the Founding Fathers knew America would always need. Just because there are idiots out there who don't know how to treat weapons with respect, that's no reason to try and deprive the rest of us of our inalienable RIGHT to defend ourselves.

I have owned guns for about 35 years and have never fired one in anger or danger, thank God. Just because you get pissed at somebody doesn't mean you're going to come out shooting. That is a myth of the anti-gun crowd. Proper firearms instruction teaches you a profound respect for life and the potential of that weapon, so you don't misuse it.

Of course the gang bangers don't learn those lessons...
                                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X