X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
    A Tele with EMGs?!?!?
    has been done before

i liked the tele, that he played before better.

needsa floyd though :P

shame that he didnt get an endorsement with charvel, cos those stratheads were freakin SWEET!
    You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Nice...
      Congrats
      Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

I generally don't like signature guitars, but the Jim sig Tele will be added to my arsenal. That white one is fucking sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
          has been done before

i liked the tele, that he played before better.

needsa floyd though :P

shame that he didnt get an endorsement with charvel, cos those stratheads were freakin SWEET!
          You mean the Flatheads? Yeah, those were cool, but not a signature model...

Jims Stratheads were pretty cool... Except for the last 2 they tried to give him. There was a 3 tone sunburst and a white one. I won't even mention the problems they had. Both Custom Shops too...
          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Very cool Scott!
            Gary's a really nice guy too!
            RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
            RIP Dime

Comment

Yeah- He is a very humble dude.

Sig tele... hmmm not that im rushing out to
              buy one but very intersting...

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                ... Except for the last 2 they tried to give him. There was a 3 tone sunburst and a white one. I won't even mention the problems they had. Both Custom Shops too...
                Go on.... mention away. It'd do us good to find that artists get problem guitars too
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                  Go on.... mention away. It'd do us good to find that artists get problem guitars too
                  Jim and I went to Corona so I could check out the Fender/Jackson/Charvel plant. Cool tour I got by an inside man. That's the way to go. Skip all the filler, go straight to the good stuff...

Anyhoo, as we were wrapping up they gave Jim 2 new Charvels. Like I said a 3 tone sunburst one with S-S-H and a white one that was S-S-S. Both had maple fretboards. Forget the pickups, didn't matter they would have been swapped with EMG's anyway...

The 3 tone sunburst one was decent. They were ordered with a very thin nitro finish. When they were buffing the nitro, they went too far in a couple of spots actually going down to the wood. So that looked kinda strange but it played decent. Actually, I remember it playing very nicely...

The white one was a total dog. It had those buffing problems all over it. The pickups were not wired properly, the middle didn't work. The neck had a horrible hump in the first 5 frets. The frets were not leveled properly. Then the truss rod was stripped rendering the guitar worthless. Too bad too because the neck profile on it was nice. It was a looker too, white strathead with 3 singles and black hardware. But with those problems? Accidentally buffing the clear until there is no clear and no paint left? Come on...

We took them but ended up sending them back. It was at this point that Jim decided to go back to Fender. He doesn't have those problems with Fender...
                  I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Wow, you'd think they would be mega-embarrased to deliver guitars like that to a popular player like Jim.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                      The white one was a total dog. It had those buffing problems all over it. The pickups were not wired properly, the middle didn't work. The neck had a horrible hump in the first 5 frets. The frets were not leveled properly. Then the truss rod was stripped rendering the guitar worthless. Too bad too because the neck profile on it was nice. It was a looker too, white strathead with 3 singles and black hardware. But with those problems? Accidentally buffing the clear until there is no clear and no paint left? Come on...

We took them but ended up sending them back. It was at this point that Jim decided to go back to Fender. He doesn't have those problems with Fender...
                      wow.

that's really terrible. they should be embarrassed. buffing through paint?

of course it's the same umbrella company in the end.
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                      X