Landline or Mobile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landline or Mobile?

So I have a landline phone that I use for all my I guess whatever you usually use a phone for. Alot of people I know just use a cell phone for everything, and I really am kinda iffy about it. I used to have cingular and they kind of screwed me on just a pay-as-you-go deal. So to sign a contract makes me feel a little weary.

Of course if there were any problems you could always contact the BBB (Better Business Bureau). But do any sudden changes in billing occur? Or is the contract almost like a lease?

I was thinking Verizon.

So how many of you just use a cellphone, or maybe have both but use one imparticular for whatever reason? Any problems that you've had?

I use just a cell phone, only gripe is I cannot receive international calls. Other than that I can do tons of other stuff. Email, web, camera, tv, radio, music, text , IM, etc...
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Only a cell phone here now.

Comment

For the last couple years I've only had a cellphone (Alltel) and no landline. It's been all pretty good for my needs, they do fine for my billing but I do have an unlimited plan, so they can't really screw much up there except roaming I guess.

Comment

Basic landline from AT&T without LD service $14.99 a month.

I only had a cell phone, but a land line is nice, call quality is better, and no 'overlimit' fees.

With a cell phone, going over your minutes in a month can kill you.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Cancelled my landline Verizon service back in December and am only using my cell phone now. I've had Cingular for about 7 years and am pretty happy with it.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I keep a mobile. I top up £5 a month. I keep everything cheapskate - I send texts, let my folks call ME.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                With a cell phone, going over your minutes in a month can kill you.
                Well, my Cingular plan has rollover minutes. My plan's got 450 regular and long distance minutes a month, plus unlimited night and weekend minutes. I rarely ever use more than 200 or so minutes, and I'm rolled over to more than 3,000 extra minutes at the moment, so I'll never go over.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I was in the same boat..

I fretted for months before losing the landline, thought it would be weird and irresponsible (I know , but that is what what i was thinking, lol)...Missed about 48 hours and never thought about it again.

if you don't have a family, don't hesitate, lose the landline. Why throw $$ away?

Comment

I can see how the benefits of being mobile outweigh the landline totally. I travel alot too, I'm a 3rd shift driver (totally burned out). And since I'm always in motion and its hard to get a hold of me anyway. Atleast now I can know who calls if I get one.

But once again, I have no experience with them!

So basically for a monthly fee you are given an amount of regular minutes and LD. And night time minutes are "free"? Along with weekends? I know I'll have to go talk to a rep about this crap tomorrow I may do that after work.

A friend told me you can grab a MP3 phone with a contract for like 60$ a month. Can they go cheaper than this?

Oh yes and NOBODY has ever had a surcharge for going over? Or are all the complaints I've heard of bills getting bumped because they went over? I'm going to have to research this.

I think it would be cool to listen to some bodom while I'm at work standing around.

Comment

I work for one of the big wireless providers. I do not have a land line. I generally do not recommend ditching your land line. If you are like me, don't care if you make,receive or miss a call....ditch it. If you have family living with you or it is imperitive you can make/receive calls, keep the landline.

As for going over minutes....yes, it can get expensive. Every company has their own gimmicks, some have rollover minutes, one company will let you backdate a higher plan if you call before your bill cycle is up and let you go back down the following month. Some get better service in one area and vice versa.

Pre-paid is NOT the way to go. Too damned expensive.

Just like in Kentucky...its all relative.
                      " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Broadband + lingo (24.99/mo with unlimited local and ld)
                        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 10-12-2008, 10:14 PM.
                          Just a guitar player...

Comment

Cell Phone only here for 4 or 5 years (Cingular RollOver Plan)

I just had a land line reinstalled when I went from cable internet access to DSL but I don't give out the number.

Comment

Originally posted by LouSiffer View Post

Just like in Kentucky...its all relative.

:ROTF::ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                              X