Google and Internet ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google and Internet ads

Google is an ad machine. Does anyone pay any attention to all the ads that are everywhere on the Web? I know I don't. How 'bout you?
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Originally posted by fett View Post
    Google is an ad machine. Does anyone pay any attention to all the ads that are everywhere on the Web? I know I don't. How 'bout you?
    I do as they make me money.
    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
      I do as they make me money.
      That's cool for you if you are on the side that gets a pence per hit. But, as a viewer you ain't getting nothing out of me.

Comment

My hosting cost me money, so I figured that whatever I can make from Adsense the cheaper my hosting will be. It will never make me a millionaire, but every little helps.
        Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

If there is a site I'm on that has 'em and I really like the site, I'll click one every so often, as it does get the site money.

Comment

i sold some modules to google, I have my contact there, is there a question you want me to ask him?
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
              If there is a site I'm on that has 'em and I really like the site, I'll click one every so often, as it does get the site money.
              That's very noble and I guess that keeps the site alive. But do you buy anything? I'm not trying to be a dick. But, I don't ever listen to or buy anything because of ads. In my almost 57 years of life, I can not think of one instance when I bought something because I saw an ad. Yes, the name may have been drilled into my brain but the bottom line for me is what I like. Not what they tell me I must like.
              Last edited by fett; 04-19-2007, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                That's very noble and I guess that keeps the site alive. But do you buy anything? I'm not trying to be a dick. But, I don't ever listen to or buy anything because of ads. In my almost 57 years of life, I can not think of one instance when I bought something because I saw an ad. Yes, the name may have been drilled into my brain but the bottom line for me is what I like. Not what they tell me I must like.
                Not really to be honest. The ads I click tend to be for sites that don't sell anything. Didn't say I clicked them often did I? Also, the click on the add also brings money, not just buying something on that site.

Comment

So what you are saying is you string these guys along so they can make a penny?:ROTF: My question remains the same. Has anyone ever bought anything based on these ads?

Comment

Most "ad conversions" come from Google's search ads which are directly targeted to your query. Type a product name or number into Google search and you'll typically see several merchant ads come up on the top and right hand side. I've bought stuff from such ads many times (today I bought a video game for my kid for example.)

I can't say I've bought anything from the ads that appear all over other (non-Google) websites, but there are plenty of people who do.

Comment

I actually clicked on an ad in iTunes yesterday. Why you ask? It was for an album you may have heard of called Master of Puppets, and someone gave it less than five stars! As I already have several copies of this brilliant, genre defining masterpiece I didn't click to buy. I was convinced that whoever gave this score was a total retard, so I went through many pages of 5 star reviews tell I found 1 that gave it 3 stars, because it sounded "altirnitive". I believe this proves me right!

I must say though that advertising is becoming more and more ubiquitous. Very disheartening unless you're in the advertising business.
                      "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

Working...
                      X