No announcement yet.

Hercules Stands Damaging My Guitar Finishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No trouble out of my Ultimate 3-guitar stand and they all hang by the head.

But then they have the older yellow/orange rubber tubing, not that black pertro-chem foam like yours.

And this is the first time I've heard of this happening on a factory-finished guitar, though it was mentioned in the Paint Your Own Guitar newsletter that it would happen with Krylon clearcoat.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      No trouble out of my Ultimate 3-guitar stand and they all hang by the head.

But then they have the older yellow/orange rubber tubing, not that black pertro-chem foam like yours.

And this is the first time I've heard of this happening on a factory-finished guitar, though it was mentioned in the Paint Your Own Guitar newsletter that it would happen with Krylon clearcoat.
      That's interesting. The yellow tubing has been the biggest problem for me. Took out 2 Gibsons before I switched to the black tubing. Had no problems since...

Different strokes, I guess. Maybe room humidity and whatnot play a factor as well...
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I keep a piece of towel wrapped around the bottom portion that supports the back of the guitar with a rubber band on my Herc stand. Now you've got me worried about the headstock area. I thought one of the selling points of these stands was that it "wouldn't" dick-up your guitar's finish?
        My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

I use cut up peices of old jeans to cover the rubber parts of my guitar stands. Cut to fit, then stitch them on with a needle and thread. Problem solved. I got too much other shit to worry about to be wasting time wondering if a stand will screw up my guitars.
          The Buzzard does not fear
          The man in riot gear
          Harvest a skull of stone
          The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Why can't a guitar stand company just use cloth, denim, or something similar? Why do they always have to use some rubber or foam type material?

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
              Until I get to use my bro's camera, is there anyway for me to make my pictures look better?
              Look for the little flower symbol. That is for up-close shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                Why can't a guitar stand company just use cloth, denim, or something similar? Why do they always have to use some rubber or foam type material?

I can sum it up in three words.

"Made In China"

Seriously though, it seems to be the cheapest way to throw them together with some sort of padding. I guess why it's the norm.
                The Buzzard does not fear
                The man in riot gear
                Harvest a skull of stone
                The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

yup, I use white cotton washcloths to cover the black foam rubber of the stand that my white Gibson V sits in. I'm not taking any chances.
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                  X