In Flames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Flames

Been listening to these guys alot lately. Pretty badass.
    My Main Rig:
    '87 Charvel Model 4A
    Peavey KB100 amp
    Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
    '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
    '05 Ibanez RG320FM
    '86 Ovation Pinnacle
    '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
    '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Yep!!

Comment

Hell yeah! I've been listening to them a bit too... really dig it alot.
      DK2M
      Fender Strat (Made in USA)
      Epiphone Les Paul Classic Quilt Top

Comment

I don't like their early work but I like Reroute to Remain and after..
        Check my bands!
        www.myspace.com/magicktr
        www.myspace.com/sinif64
        www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Kinda stopped listening to them after Reroute to Remain... I didn't care for their entry into commercial metal.... their earlier stuff is much better, IMO.

Damn... I tried to find some of the 2002 press pics.... but I guess they didn't want anyone to see those
          Last edited by xenophobe; 04-20-2007, 03:30 AM.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
            Kinda stopped listening to them after Reroute to Remain... I didn't care for their entry into commercial metal.... their earlier stuff is much better, IMO.
            Bring back the days of Whoracle & Jester Race. I always find it funny how these threads pop up like "Anyone heard this NEW band called N*FAMES"? :ROTF:
            The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
              I don't like their early work but I like Reroute to Remain and after..

:ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:

Comment

Yeah, 2/3 of the fanbase left in disgust when R2R came out.

And rightfully so... Especially if you saw their 'boy band' pics they posed for that album.

It's like all the Blackwater Park fans came out and started to like In Flames when R2R came out.
                Last edited by xenophobe; 04-20-2007, 08:48 AM.
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

In Flames = awsome! The Jester Race/Black-ash Inheritance all the way!

Comment

My 2nd favorite band, under Megadeth.

I do like the older stuff tho..

Comment

I think of pre- and post-Whoracle In Flames as two different bands. I like both "eras" but for different reasons. The production was terrible on Reroute and Soundtrack, but the drumming is good when they leave out the annoying electronics. Clayman had the best guitar work overall, and Whoracle has the best songs I think.
                      sigpic

Comment

^^^

agree on the Clayman/Whoracle opinions.

That picture of them in white jumpsuits makes me feel sick. Plus Anders sings like the guy from Korn now.
                        Scott

Comment

come on guys, stop acting like elitists.
                          i got into in flames rather late, at least regarding their old works, and frankly, looking at the old IF stuff from today's perspective most of it is rather boring and uninspired....at least to me it is. i'm sure it was groundbreaking back in the 90s, but nowadays it's worse than your run of the mill melodic death stuff. i do however see that without the jester race etc todays melo death wouldn't be the same.
                          on the other hand, when talking about 90s melo death at the gates are WAY better, but that's just me
                          anyway, i think clayman is their best album. very good production, great songs, almost no fillers/weak parts, and the melodies aren't quite as cheesy sounding as on colony or whoracle.
                          and even though it's very unpopular to do so, i really enjoy their latest 3 CDs, too, especially soundtrack to your escape (haven't listened to come clarity a whole lot, so i can't really comment on that one yet). the production isn't as clear and defined as most of today's metal, but it adds to the vibe of the music which is very in your face, but in a different sense than e.g. death metal. i especially appreciate the fact that they decided to write SONGS rather than 5 minute guitar shows. if that means stop and go chugging on the E string during the verses, that's fine with me as long as it fits the song. stuff like cloud connected is very simple guitar wise, yet it's a kickass song. plus, you got stuff like f(r)iend - i do NOT see any point in calling it mainstream or sellout metal. just listen to the intro, that's a kickass METAL riff if there ever was one.
                          YMMV, though...

Comment

Fragle,

I agree that Clayman is their best, or one of their best. Everything after that they've just gone downhill. I had a non-metal friend on my college radio show when their latest album came out. I played a song off of it and he said "dude, this sucks." I had heard good things about the album, so I played another track later in the show. Still no good.

I felt guilty so I played an old track of theirs (Episode 666 I think) and he immediately commented on how much better this was and surprised to hear it was the same band.

as you said though, YMMV
                            Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Fragle View Post
                              come on guys, stop acting like elitists.
                              i got into in flames rather late, at least regarding their old works, and frankly, looking at the old IF stuff from today's perspective most of it is rather boring and uninspired....at least to me it is. i'm sure it was groundbreaking back in the 90s, but nowadays it's worse than your run of the mill melodic death stuff. i do however see that without the jester race etc todays melo death wouldn't be the same.
                              on the other hand, when talking about 90s melo death at the gates are WAY better, but that's just me
                              anyway, i think clayman is their best album. very good production, great songs, almost no fillers/weak parts, and the melodies aren't quite as cheesy sounding as on colony or whoracle.
                              and even though it's very unpopular to do so, i really enjoy their latest 3 CDs, too, especially soundtrack to your escape (haven't listened to come clarity a whole lot, so i can't really comment on that one yet). the production isn't as clear and defined as most of today's metal, but it adds to the vibe of the music which is very in your face, but in a different sense than e.g. death metal. i especially appreciate the fact that they decided to write SONGS rather than 5 minute guitar shows. if that means stop and go chugging on the E string during the verses, that's fine with me as long as it fits the song. stuff like cloud connected is very simple guitar wise, yet it's a kickass song. plus, you got stuff like f(r)iend - i do NOT see any point in calling it mainstream or sellout metal. just listen to the intro, that's a kickass METAL riff if there ever was one.
                              YMMV, though...
                              Well bro what can I say, people like to hear what they want. But being good is not related to what people are expecting. Popular metal or not, their latest 3 cds are the quality stuff. I'm sure In Flames members (the men who created all those music/cds) think the same way too
                              Check my bands!
                              www.myspace.com/magicktr
                              www.myspace.com/sinif64
                              www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Working...
                              X