No announcement yet.

In Flames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soundtrack to your Escape rocks..(for me anyhow..)

Comment

I like their guitar, I'm not a huge fan of their screeching vocals, the regular ones are nice too however.
      -- The Midnighter
      Administrate!

Comment

I honestly like all of their albums. It really depends on what kind of mood I'm in.
        My Main Rig:
        '87 Charvel Model 4A
        Peavey KB100 amp
        Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
        '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
        '05 Ibanez RG320FM
        '86 Ovation Pinnacle
        '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
        '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

In Flames rocks. I like the old stuff and most of the new stuff, except for RRTR. Yes they have changed their style and they are sounding more commercial as some people might say, but they still sound good. IMHO there is nothing that sounds sucky on soundtrack or clarity.
          Last edited by levantin; 04-23-2007, 04:58 AM.
          I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
            In Flames rocks. I like the old stuff and most of the new stuff, except for RRTR. Yes they have changed their style and they are sounding more commercial as some people might say, but they still sound good. IMHO there is nothing that sounds sucky on soundtrack or clarity.

See, Contrary to popular belief.

The difference between the True Metallers and the rest are that we don't care if it sounds commercial or not, we only care if it sounds GOOD or not.

If In flames sold their souls to the "COOORRPPOOORRRAAATIONS!" and released another Jester Race, they'd have infinately more respect gained.

The only people that are about bands selling out are the kids who have no idea what the music industry is all about and only know the music force fed to them through shitty TV shows and the child-friendly radio.

Comment

I know what I like and it's not post-Clayman In Flames. And if I paid attention to what MTV and the local rock radio station wanted me to listen to, I wouldn't even know who In Flames was. I'd be listening to crap like Nickelback all day long.

You immediately jump to the conclusion that I feel "sell-outs" don't deserve any listening to. I'd love to listen to sell-outs if their music didn't almost always change for the worst.

The music industry is about making money. Did I get it right?

Where in Scotland are you? I stayed a week in Glasgow two years ago and loved it. Best accent in the world.
              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                I know what I like and it's not post-Clayman In Flames. And if I paid attention to what MTV and the local rock radio station wanted me to listen to, I wouldn't even know who In Flames was. I'd be listening to crap like Nickelback all day long.

You immediately jump to the conclusion that I feel "sell-outs" don't deserve any listening to. I'd love to listen to sell-outs if their music didn't almost always change for the worst.

The music industry is about making money. Did I get it right?

Where in Scotland are you? I stayed a week in Glasgow two years ago and loved it. Best accent in the world.

I didn't actually quote you, but regardless what you just said was the exact point i was making.

And i was also agreeing (in part) with who i quoted.

Oh, and 60miles from glasgow :

Comment

Working...
                X