Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on alternative electrical current

Hi!

I have a home network at home (4 computers) and DSL provider for internet. Well since computers don't use network equally I've decided to build a router. I also have Wi-Fi drive stations with 1 TB space so every computer can access that share.

But that also means that I use up to 3 computers for not doing anything else but sit on the network an pass the data to user's computer. Let's say that's a waste of electricity (bills are already high). I wanna minimize that.

What energy source is relatively cheap and can produce up to 2 kW. 2 kW is all I need. What about solar cells? I know there must be some experts here.

Dude..what?

"Build" a router?

Wasting time, headaches, and money.
    Plus a rotuer will not distribute the network traffic evenly.
    A load balancer will, to a good extent. I've only seen them on VERY high capacity networks (Reuters, Saavis).

If your 3 computers are driving your bills up (????)
    Consider a solar/battery approach. I wouldn't rely on it.

Comment

It's linux router - all you need is an old computer and linux router.

I even don't wanna distribute it evenly. I want QoS. But that's not the point right now. I am looking for a good power source.

3 computers are occupied for networking (router and 2 computers acting like large storage facilities) and we have 4 additional computers. That means 7 computers.

Comment

I misunderstood you.

A ICs type router.

Comment

Working...
        X