No announcement yet.

The Season Starts TONIGHT !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't wait til 7:05 tonight! Ohka (7.02 ERA) @ Wakefield (1.35 ERA).
    My Main Rig:
    '87 Charvel Model 4A
    Peavey KB100 amp
    Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
    '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
    '05 Ibanez RG320FM
    '86 Ovation Pinnacle
    '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
    '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

I am very happy with the sweep but it could just as easily happen again but in reverse in da bronx this weekend. Although prolly not with the pitching staff you guys have now...sorry Donald

It certainly was a time for much spleefage in the Fly home last weekend. I was just glad to get that foul shit taste out of my mouth from the debauchle of the 5 game sweep someone gave up last year, yes it still fucking hurt.

The four solo shots was very exciting !! Never have i seen anything like that although i guess Drew was involved in the one last year when he was with the Dodgers. I almost shit myself when i saw Pettitte come out of the bullpen. I hope your staff gets better soon...no..wait...no i dont...
      Seriously it won't be worth it unless you're there in the ALCS with us

Interesting stat i saw tonight since Wake is starting...He leads the AL in ERA
      Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Originally posted by donf View Post
        Giambi looks like he's on a paranoid uppers kick. Twitching and looking around at home plate like somebody is about to snipe him. Needs to r e l a x.

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
          Don,
          Posada's thumb looks like Fred Flintstones when it gets crushed right now, can't expect much out of Nieves, Tampa will steal on him all night tonite, Giambi is finally starting to swing well, so if it's speed , then that's just what it will have to be. We lost by one basically to their number 1 lineup, don't you worry Donny , we always get it together, we just may have to score 10 runs a game instead of 8 like the last 2 years. Way too early to make any assumptions at all except that we lost round one of many rounds to come. Feelin' down, put on the 5 gamer from last year, i have it if you want to borrow it.
          Easy Don, it's the Yankees dude, we'll be there in the end.
          Yeah, I know..............I ain't worried. I just like to bitch. It was Monday....

I heard they had to snap Nieves's thumb back on Sunday night. It was at a 90 degree angle . I like that!!!!!!!!!!!! Balls he has to stay in there.............Balls !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (either that or real stupid )
          Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly View Post
            I am very happy with the sweep but it could just as easily happen again but in reverse in da bronx this weekend. Although prolly not with the pitching staff you guys have now...sorry Donald

It certainly was a time for much spleefage in the Fly home last weekend. I was just glad to get that foul shit taste out of my mouth from the debauchle of the 5 game sweep someone gave up last year, yes it still fucking hurt.

The four solo shots was very exciting !! Never have i seen anything like that although i guess Drew was involved in the one last year when he was with the Dodgers. I almost shit myself when i saw Pettitte come out of the bullpen. I hope your staff gets better soon...no..wait...no i dont...
            Seriously it won't be worth it unless you're there in the ALCS with us

Interesting stat i saw tonight since Wake is starting...He leads the AL in ERA
            I was excited watching the 4 homerun barrage myself. I felt bad for the kid who was throwing, but hey, I got my moneys worth sitting in front of the tv. We gotta start looking at tix for the Fenway and Yankee stadium toward the end of the season. I need to come up and hunt down Ben Affleck and kick him in the ass.

The Yanks are done playing now....................here comes Philip Hughes. Pitching Thurs night. He better not fuk up.

Comment

Originally posted by donf View Post
              We gotta start looking at tix for the Fenway and Yankee stadium toward the end of the season. I need to come up and hunt down Ben Affleck and kick him in the ass

Most definitely. I'm wearin my Williams Jersey though to Yankee Stadium and i ain't talkin bout Bernie

Comment

wakefield's e.r.a. went up last night, and the Yanks new japanese pitcher is tanking hard. His e.r.a. is over the moon.
                BUT!!!!!! we have Wang starting tonite, and Philip Hughes is starting on thursday, it's about time I'd say. Supposedly Pavano is about ready to go again, he shut down the twins in his last start, and Mussina will be back in a start or two. We have a long way to go. It would be nice to stop the 4 game slide that the yankees are currently in the midst of. I told you it takes 10 runs as opposed to 8 , last night we lost 10-8, Arod may hit 60 home runs this year, and it will be the first time we don't make the playoffs in 922 years-lol go figure, cuz I can't.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

SOOO early bro... Gonna be a great summer !!

Comment

Toronto smacks the sox, Halliday is no easy game to stay in, much less win, and the Yanks come through with another blown lead in the 7th, all in all, Wang pitched well, not midseason form, but he looked really good and it was good to see him mow them down until the collapse. Hell, it would have been good to see Fett on the hill after what's been referred to as a pitcher by the Yankees as of late-lol

Comment

The curse of Joe Torre strikes again.
                      1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

It's just a bad dream, itwill be over soon. Don't forget, we started out 11-19 two seasons ago and turned the jets on, oh yeah, our pitchers got off the DL finally.
                        In '98, they started out 1-4, and then I don't think they lost again. the sox took 6of the first 7 in '05 as well didn't they? Anyway, I'm fully on it like bluebonnet but i usually don't have the pleasure of my team in the playoffs still or at all in hockey, so I have to split time right now.

Comment

Still too early, though being the doormat today doesn't feel good. Wang did good last night. Hey, where the hell did we get this Myers guy from anyway? Nah, I don't mind Myers. He does pretty good. He just gave up a bad pitch. ITS PROCTOR WHO IN MY CROSSHAIRS !!!

Wow, Boston looked like a bunch of little leaguers last night. Why couldn't they play like that against us????

1. Boston 12-7
                          2. Baltimore 11-9
                          3. Toronto 10-10
                          4 Tampa Bay 9-11
                          5 Yankees 8-11

Does this look right?...........................Come on.

Somebody turned the list upside down.....
                          Last edited by donf; 04-25-2007, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Looks fine to me

We played BAD last night. Tavares was pretty awful and Snyder was no better.
                            Toronto is gonna be a sleeper this year for sure. Especially with Halladay on the mound. Schill tonight so hopefully get back on track.

Can't wait for Friday

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly View Post
                              Can't wait for Friday
                              I ain't gonna be able to watch. I'll be in upstate NY in the boonies from Fri to Mon. No cable, one or two channels that don't show the game. I'll have to check in once in a while on my cell phone....

Comment

Don F- remember this time last year the Yanks had almost an identical record to the one they have today.

Vass

Comment

Working...
                                X