Blue Angel crash.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Angel crash.

Details seem sketchy still. Apparently there's a crash during an airshow. Debris set a house on fire? (not sure about that) Best wishes for the pilot, but doubtful they are alive.

Wow. Where do you hear of this?

Comment

Hopefully no one on the ground got hurt.
      Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

wow...that sucks.

Comment

Too bad "MAVERICK" wasn't flying it........
          Strat God Music
          http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

I just saw them a couple of weeks ago. Great show as always.
            Sad to hear.
            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

coroner confirmed the pilot was killed..it may have been a bird sucked into the engine turbine/intake.. flying low, it clipped some tall trees and crashed a few hundred yards later. Thankfully it sounds like no one else was killed so I wonder if the pilot gave his life to retain control in a residential situation instead of ejecting and leaving it to chance. Shame none the less...glad it wasn't worse.

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy View Post
                ..... so I wonder if the pilot gave his life to retain control in a residential situation instead of ejecting and leaving it to chance.
                That certainly may be the case. A good pilot will stay with the aircraft til the last possible second in an attempt to save it or ensure it doesn't cause even more loss of life after crashing.
                My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

that was a split second decision at treetop level.. at 450mph or so.. the window would be over in a few seconds. You'd hardly have time to access damage level to the aircraft or make the mayday. It would be, ...Oh my..maybe a few more words and no more.

Comment

Working...
                  X