No announcement yet.

check out this cobra...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bill what exactly do you do for a living....... you seem to have way to much cash to spare.
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Bill, your wife is extremely attractive. Post pics whenever you want

And I agree with kelly user...the police pension must be nice?
      Scott

Comment

A nice Factory Five Cobra is MUCH cheaper than a new SUV....

Comment

Bill - Did you build it yourself? I have the Factory 5 info, and thinking of just doing the "bod on Mustang chassis" cheapo version - any thoughts?

My main problem in California is they only allow 500 non-production cars a year to be registered, and I can just see finishing this, showing up at the DMV on Jan. 2nd, and getting turned away until the next year. Is registration any easier in Ohio?
          Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

They are pretty much all done on mustang underpinning, they have their own framework. Just a matter whether you get used or new mustang stuff to bolt on to it.

Pretty simple to register in ohio. Just a state inspection involved.

Comment

I think I actually had a bit of an orgasm when I saw that car. Fucking gorgeous man!
              -- The Midnighter
              Administrate!

Comment

Hello brosephs..

It all depends if you do it yourself or not..buying a new complete kit can run anywhere from 35k to ????..depending what you put in it. I saw a FFR w/ a 302 and superchager go for 57K on that speed channel auction..which I thought was insane but cool..

it'll cost you aprox 20K+ to build one..considering 14K for the kit, a donor mustang and or new parts, paint and wheels..I have the official cobra rims which is almost 3k alone.

One GOOD thing about a toy like this is it never depreciates in value like a production car..and is insured for more than I paid for it.

I was going to buy a used Viper or new C-6 Vette..but Cobras get much more attention and it'll smoke 'em both with just a bone stock 5.0..big time.

You don't see many of these around..and you get to know all the guys who have them at the local shows.. who know the guy who put mine together..who also built or assisted them build theirs..he's da man with cobras..he learned many things along the way as he built close to 40 of them..

FFR has a class that lets you build your very own ride..which is pretty cool.

They also have a road course and club membership so your can race them.

BTW , that's not my wife..my wife is much hotter..that is a 19 year model ( a cute lil' tramp) for Final Velocity Performance, she was all over my ride like Tawny in a whitesnake vid..right in my driveway with my neibors watching ..for their promotion calendar and website which is still under construction....http://www.finalvelocityperformance.com/

This is my retiremenet toy..it is FAST..when I'm able to handle what I have with confidence..I'll have a supercharger put on it...I could only imagine how insane it would be then.

I NEVER been in anything more fun to drive and everyone from Harley, Hot Rod, Vette and ect..are always giving the thumbs up..which really makes you feels good when cruisin' around.

You can't even stop for gas or stop at a light with having a conversation about it..

Thanks guys..I really love it!!

Bill Z Bub
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The hood scoop, and double roll bars ruin it for me...Bill's car looks way better.
                  Why hunt ... when there is no machine gun season?

Comment

Is it wrong that I would take this over that?
                    My Main Rig:
                    '87 Charvel Model 4A
                    Peavey KB100 amp
                    Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
                    '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                    '05 Ibanez RG320FM
                    '86 Ovation Pinnacle
                    '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
                    '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

Thanks for the insight Bill! There's a guy up the street from me that uses his as a daily driver - figure I'm in San Diego, and there's really no reason to NOT have a convertable

Although, like I mentioned, initial registration here in San Diego takes a virtual act of Congress, so I might let someone else go through the pain, then scoop it up cheap when his wife makes him sell it...

Now there's the problem of squeezing my 3 kids in there...
                      Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Ask and Ye shall receive! Behold the mighty Cobra! :ROTF:

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                        when I read the title of the thread I was expecting to see a Framus cobra amp. Nice car!
                        1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Originally posted by missionguitars1 View Post
                          Thanks for the insight Bill! There's a guy up the street from me that uses his as a daily driver - figure I'm in San Diego, and there's really no reason to NOT have a convertable

Although, like I mentioned, initial registration here in San Diego takes a virtual act of Congress, so I might let someone else go through the pain, then scoop it up cheap when his wife makes him sell it...

Now there's the problem of squeezing my 3 kids in there...

That sucks bro..yeah as John stated ..it's not much of a prob with registration here in Ohio..basically just passing vehicle inspection and issuing the Vin # is all..that only took about a week really. The only thing that hung up a bit was getting collectors insurance on a 2005 vehicle..I just had to send them a pic..as soon as they saw what it was ..it was a done deal..

Oh..what is really cool is my plate..I'm the only one in Ohio with " I AM EVIL"..I love that!!

I would love to drive my car more but we get alot of rain here..and I have no wipers or top..so, the weather channel is important..just like if you had a bike. I wouldn't want to be stuck in rain..that would suck!

Oh yes, kids..yeah..I mostly go to the car shows with my son while my wife is home. We drop Vinny off at my mom's on occassion so the wife and I can cruise around..just like the vette..

It's really small, it's a prety tight fit for a big guy..I'm not that tall..but I go about 220-240..it's pretty tight getting in and out..but not as tight as a Pantera..man that care is weird..the steering wheel is at a slant, the gas pedal is in a weird place..and I bumped my head getting in and out of that damn thing..The dude who made my ride bought a '72 Pantera with the money..cool cars but they are not very fast at all..about as fast as my vette, if that...but collectable as hell and their value will always increase..so it's an investment.

My budd is 6' 6"..and has hair passed his ass..actually he didn't have much of a problem sitting in it really..if you have a bad back or knees that makes it a pain to get in and out of it..but once your in it it's pretty comfy..not too bad.

Mikes it's not "wrong" to prefer any car..you have to buy what makes you happy..I really love the new Mustang design..they did a great job with that one..but just like the vettes..you see many of them..not the "cobra" model you posted, which is will be a collectors no doubt..you would have windshield wipers and a top at least..but the words "I AM EVIL" will be pulling away from it.

OH off topic..Buzz..nice Cobra..how do you like it and what about that HD147..I played that when it came out at GC and that it kicked ass for a solid state..but I didn't get it up too loud..the "uber" setting" was in the ballpark tone wise at the level I was playing at..I was shreddin' with it!

I'd love to give that Framus a test drive and a/b it to the Uber..that would be cool. I been dialing in the Uber more and more with the G major..I'm really diggin' it..

It's going to be raining for the next couple days..so no cruisin' for me yet..there's plenty of days for that coming!

Cobras rule!

Thanks guys..
                          Last edited by horns666; 04-25-2007, 12:18 AM.
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I used to own a Pantera, stock they are semi hot, I think they went about 250-300hp. Early Panteras are about 24-2500lbs. Build the cleveland up a bit then you've got a fuckin' animal machine. You're limited to about 800-825lbs of torque due to the ZF transaxle. Mine was mildly modifed, manifold, carb, lumpy cam, mild headwork. Maybe good for another 100ish hp never dynoed just a guess. I'm too short to drive the thing I had to use a pillow on the seat
                            They owner of the shop who worked on mine owned three, the baddest one was built to the hilt, everything completely updated and modernized, spared no expense rebuild. Practically a race car in street clothes.

The Framus is fucking killer! I found a shop with an Uber I will give that a test drive when I have time. The HD147 is semi retired, it's cool but the high gain patches just can touch the Framus. I think I prefer the HD patches over the Vetta patches though.
                            1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

so you guys aren't talking about the Falcon Cobra?

Hail yesterday

Comment

nothin' says badass muscle car like camel decals man..

I've actually seen theres atleast one of these in the states

Comment

Working...
                                X