Dimmu Borgir in San Francisco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimmu Borgir in San Francisco

Want to go and see them on May 13th at the Warfield, SFO. has any of the bayarea folks been to the warfield? Which tickets should we get? Floor or balcony? both are available. I personally prefer the floor cause I want to see their gear but my pal (non-guitarist) wants the balcony cause he's read some reviews in which people complain that the floor gets too "mosh-pitty" and its hard to get in/out from the restrooms, bars, etc. Has anyone been to a concert and had floor tickets? Opinions please. thanks!
    Sam

The last time I went it was a free-for-all Motorhead show about 20 years ago. I think half the seats got torn out and thrown across the theater. I just stood back and took it all in - absolute insanity. That being said, being halfway back on the floor ain't too bad once everyone rushes the stage! :headbang:
    Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

I've been on the floor and balcony for all types of shows at the Warfield: Priest, Anthrax, Fight, Dream Theater, Ministry...pits usually do start and since I'm not retarded and never could do the slow mosh correctly I stay away from the pit. If you can get a table on the floor, that's a great place, but hard to get. If you're in the balcony, especially the front, you'll have a good view. I guess the question is: do you want sweaty, shirtless men with acne on their back rubbing on you, screaming DUDE FUCKIN DOOOMU BORKEEER in your face, or do you want to relax?

Comment

Yeah, i tried to get into a Mosh pit once...once! those guys are really crazy strong. Or its all the dope and booze that's made them so powerful, I will never know. The balcony seats we are getting is sort of in the middle. Not in the front. Will it still be a good view? I do want to get down there so I can be close to the band as much as possible. But if its gonna be chair-throwing crazy down there, I am havin doubts.
        Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Venomboy View Post
          I guess the question is: do you want sweaty, shirtless men with acne on their back rubbing on you, screaming DUDE FUCKIN DOOOMU BORKEEER in your face, or do you want to relax?
          Well put!

Comment

never been offered the option. you just all pile in. the balcony may be too distant and you may even get hoofed off to go splat on the floor , the floor possibly means getting squished or headbutted. i just buy the live videos when it comes to concerts. i saw W.A.S.P and was on the floor. i hate greasy sweaty bastards jumping up n down, and as i'm 5ft 5", i nearly got mashed.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Also, back then, the folding padded theater chairs ran all the way down to within 10 feet of the stage (showin' my age here... ). I think once the place had been "remodeled" by this show (and subsequently shut down for a couple months for repairs), that they left the area in front of the stage open(?).

If that's the case, and there's room for the moshers to do their thing, I'd think that would be a better scenario than the old one when they first opened it up for concerts "back in the day"....

Comment

There you go. That's the seating. Which balcony should I choose please, lower, upper, front??
                Sam

Comment

There's an open area in front of the stage that can fit a good amount of smelly people. In back of that and slightly above it is an area with tables. You cannot mosh in this area. Sometimes the tables have reserved signs, sometimes they don't. Regardless of location, you can probably go shirtless, drop your shorts, and wiggle your weiner like a guy at Ozzfest at the Shoreline did after climbing a spotlight tower.

Will people most at a Dimmu show? Don't know. They might be too busy inscribing incantations for their next D&D campaign. I'd like to go to the show but I'm not a fan of most of the opening bands.

Comment

Front balcony will give you the best view. I don't know if they consider the tables on the lower level the loge.

Comment

Meh...not a fan of black metal

Comment

Originally posted by 6_string_master View Post
                        Meh...not a fan of black metal
                        Infidel, watch this ...and follow...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                        Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Venomboy View Post
                          I guess the question is: do you want sweaty, shirtless men with acne on their back rubbing on you, screaming DUDE FUCKIN DOOOMU BORKEEER in your face, or do you want to relax?
                          :ROTF:
                          that there's some funny shit! so accurate!
                          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Ah - much better than it was when I was there last! I'm dead serious when I say it was movie theater seats all the way to the stage on the floor. It was too funny - Mercyful Fate opened, and all the seat cushions got torn off and tossed at the stage. I really didn't think that people would rip the actual seats out of the floor during 'Head! Bodies flying off the PA 20 feet off the ground into the crowd, chairs flying the other way - security had lost complete control and it was a fucking riot! I was shocked SFPD didn't show (I guess they were busy shaking down some guy for his fajitas...)

If you can get into the lower loges or front balcony, I'd run with that - depending on warm-up bands, that's a lot of standing if you're in GA and can't get a table...

Comment

You ever notice the bass players in these "exteamly scary" death metal bands play mostly music man basses the ones all the sappy 80s pop/ Madonna type bands played.
                              Doomu Dogpoop what a name for a band. Golly I sure am scared.
                              Last edited by straycat; 04-24-2007, 11:17 PM.
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X