Dimmu Borgir in San Francisco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by straycat View Post
    You ever notice the bass players in these "exteamly scary" death metal bands play mostly music man basses the ones all the sappy 80s pop/ Madonna type bands played.
    Doomu Dogpoop what a name for a band. Golly I sure am scared.
    The Stingray bass is an excellent instrument. One could say you play the guitars that all the glam transvestites with with cheap bleach jobs in pink spandex and lace played in the 80s.

Comment

Dimmu Borgir means Black Castle..as a accomplished bassist my weapon of choice is a G&L L-2000...which similar to the stingray!

Hellhammer is playing with them now.

Nick Barker is a drum god!!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I've never noticed extreme metal bands with MusicMan stingray's. They were created as funk/slap basses by Leo Fender for the legendary Louis Johnson. They are usually used by sessions players who play funk, jazz, pop, r'n'b, soul etc. starting from the amazing Tony Levin and Bernard Edwards (RIP) to many others.
        Yeah they were pretty common in 80's pop bands, John Taylor from Duran Duran used stingrays a lot... he is one of the best bassists on the planet.

I've usually seen basses wich look more like rusty axe or bat poop in those metal bands.... B.C. Rich type of designs or something like that.
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Hey missionguitars, I remember seeing the flyer for that Motorhead/Fate show back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
            Infidel, watch this ...and follow...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HWlsuBfin-U
            Was that supposed to prove...something? They should fire that tool on vocals and get the bass player to sing full time. Then, if they washed all that shit off and ditched those ridiculous spikes, they'd almost be a real band. :ROTF:
            This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Originally posted by petedz View Post
              Was that supposed to prove...something? They should fire that tool on vocals and get the bass player to sing full time. Then, if they washed all that shit off and ditched those ridiculous spikes, they'd almost be a real band. :ROTF:
              :ROTF: maybe. I think the bassist used to be the lead vocals on the older albums or something. with him onboard they have at least a much better backing vocals than they do in newer bands like trivium. The trivium backing vocals reminds me of that scene in Dumb and dumber where Jim carrey and Jeff Daniels sing a song when the hitman asks them to turn on the radio. :ROTF:
              Sam

Comment

Originally posted by petedz View Post
                I like the bald dude he looks like a reject from the Blue Man Group

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                  I like the bald dude he looks like a reject from the Blue Man Group
                  He does look very happy compared to the rest of them, doesn't he?

This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Dimmu put on a great show Sunday Night!! The upper lodge seats were good. but I just could not get any decent pics. All hell broke loose on the floor. people just went crazy when they played kings of the carnival creation. The drummer, hellhammer was just awesome. I think the drums stole the show. Literally. I could hardly hear the guitarists. In the end, it was totally worth it!

Sam

Comment

i saw em in portland saturday and the sound was all messed up.
                      ----------
                      Gear Action - Washburn Dime 2ST Pro, BC Rich NT Jr. V w/EMG, Dean DFH/CFH, Dean V-Coustic, Jackson USA KV2, Peavey 5150 II, Randall 412CXM, BBE 362 Sonic maximizer, Alesis 3630 noise gate

Comment

BTW, forgot to mention... all the bands, Kataklysm, Devil driver, unearth and Dimmu played only ESP and Ibanez guitars. Not a single Jackson
                        Kept waiting for Dimmu to pull out ONE Jackson. They didn't. All had V-shaped guitars with the ESP pointy. The opening bands didn't even change their guitars.
                        Sam

Comment

Working...
                        X