Tell me about Jim Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
    Jim Jones was a guy that got rid of some very stupid people..

We need more Jims Joneseses..I think!
    Problem is, stupid ones are very good at breeding. It's impossible to keep up!
    "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
      Wasnt he the admin over at Zakkwylde.com about this time last year.:ROTF:
      Yeah, he stole all the free Epi guitars, but when he realized he couldn't ride away on the plastic bike replicas, he killed himself. :ROTF:
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
        cult mass suicides are just another form of natural selection.
        I cannot think of one negative thing about a bunch of idiots and delusional mental cases offing themselves.
        I wish that these events occurred more often.

+1000000
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I grew up in the East Bay. It was a very weird scene. You had your Black Panthers; riots just about everywhere; a Black awakening; and just a bunch of poor souls that just wanted to live the spirtual life. They chose Jim Jones to lead them. A white guy that seemed to be in touch with the 150 years of the blackman's sorrow and sense of "Wrong" fit the bill. Those poor deluded people that followed him weren't bad, lazy, stupid or dumb. They just wanted a better life. You had to have been there to understand. I was.
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
            Those poor deluded people that followed him weren't bad, lazy, stupid or dumb. They just wanted a better life.
            Maybe not bad or lazy, but stupid/dumb, yes... unless suicide is your idea of a better "life".

Comment

It wasn't Kool-Aid. It was Flavor-Aid.

You can go to this site http://jonestown.sdsu.edu/ , click on "About Jonestown", then click on the "Tapes" link, and follow the links there to hear mp3s of Jones' rantings, including the tape made during the mass suicide. You can also find a transcript of the tape to follow along with. It's a chilling listen, for sure.

If you click on the FBI link, there is a link called "The Death Tape" which is the one made during the mass suicide.

The web site was built using frames, so I can't provide a direct link to the page.

- E.
              Last edited by AlexL; 04-28-2007, 03:43 PM.
              Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

You guys are just too young to understand the "70's. So crack all the jokes you want. Humor can deal with these things. But, the great humorists are the ones that lived the time and can reflect after the hurt has gone away. Close to 1,000 people died trying to live a dream that a madman took away. The final mass suicide was just horrible. But, as brainwashed as those people were, what else could happen? Waco was the same deal. That's why I don't listen to anyone. That, and I already know everything.
                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

yeah, whacky for Waco, Branch Davidians.. Jonestown was pretty tragic as when it came time..some didn't want the choice.. they were lied too or forced.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                    The final mass suicide was just horrible. But, as brainwashed as those people were, what else could happen? Waco was the same deal. That's why I don't listen to anyone. That, and I already know everything.
                    You're not dumb enough to be brainwashed. Too bad the other people were.

Comment

Working...
                    X