For all you Cradle of Filth fans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all you Cradle of Filth fans.

Whats a good Cradle of Filth albumto shop for?? I like a lotta their stuff! But not their doom type stuff!
    I love admins!

Dusk and her embrace is their best !!
    Sam

Comment

TY!!
      I love admins!

Comment

if you like COF, there is an another band that sounds almost exactly like them. They are called Hecate Enthroned. Can't distinguish between the two. They their albums too. I sort of liked hecate more since COF albums became too similar sounding.
        Sam

Comment

Cool, will check it out!
          I love admins!

Comment

argh cradle of filth are terrible...i personally cannot stand dani filths voice...They have been mistaken for black metal, where as they fall no way near the category and caliber of bands like Mayhem, Burzum, Emperor, Immortal, Enslaved, Bathory, Darkthrone etc...

well i guess i just get pissed of at the constant comparison of Cradle of Filth to tr00 black metal, so ive just kind of gotten fed up with them...

cheers

Comment

Emperor, Dimmu Borgir, cradle of filth and such bands are not considered true blackmetal. They fall under atmospheric black metal. You cannot include Immortal and mayhem in the same category as emperor.

True black metal IMO are Satyricon, Gorgoroth, Mayhem, Marduk, Darkthrone, etc. Dimmu and such are just show-offs. But I like all of 'em.
              Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                Emperor, Dimmu Borgir, cradle of filth and such bands are not considered true blackmetal. They fall under atmospheric black metal. You cannot include Immortal and mayhem in the same category as emperor.

True black metal IMO are Satyricon, Gorgoroth, Mayhem, Marduk, Darkthrone, etc. Dimmu and such are just show-offs. But I like all of 'em.
                Atmospheric Black Metal? I think not. As far as i know, Emperor has been under the recent sub category called SYMPHONIC black metal. As far as Dimmu, well they are basically a new wave of black metal, i dont think i included them in my last post, however if i did, i certainly didnt mean to write it, it just kind of came out. But yes you are right i like all of them...

But Mayhem and Darkthrone are just plain sick...

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Of Repulsion View Post
                  But Mayhem and Darkthrone are just plain sick...
                  Yup!

Well, symphonic and atmospheric seem to be used almost synomymously to describe the bands with keyboards and synthesizers like emperor and Dimmu.
                  Sam

Comment

I bought the lovecraft and witch hearts and its got stuff from most of their albums. Its good stuff.
                    ----------
                    Gear Action - Washburn Dime 2ST Pro, BC Rich NT Jr. V w/EMG, Dean DFH/CFH, Dean V-Coustic, Jackson USA KV2, Peavey 5150 II, Randall 412CXM, BBE 362 Sonic maximizer, Alesis 3630 noise gate

Comment

They all sound like the cookie monster is the lead singer.
                      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

ok, seems like we have a few black metal lovers and haters... anyways, you guys should check out this band... the name is 'Dark Fortress' and the album is 'Stab wounds'. Simply fantastic! we've heard bands that are either playing very fast, or other that play very slow in a doomish way...this band combines both so well...just awesome!

Sam

Comment

Eh, go listen to some Megadeth.
                          My Main Rig:
                          '87 Charvel Model 4A
                          Peavey KB100 amp
                          Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
                          '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                          '05 Ibanez RG320FM
                          '86 Ovation Pinnacle
                          '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
                          '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

I personally think COF are great. I'm actually just waiting on the new album (ordered if from The End Records last week). I understand it's very different than earlier releases, but I'm curious.

I don't give a fuck if they're Black Metal or not. I don't think they are but whatever, they write good music, have cool lyrics and contrary to popular feelings, I like Dani's voice.

If you are new to them, maybe pick up Lovecraft & Witch Hearts. It's a really good best of CD. my fave's are Cruelty And The Beast and Damnation And A Day. I really dig Nymphetamine too.
                            THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

First off, I could care less what genre they are. Secondly, they definitely have some talent, good lyrics, some great riffs, overall they have some amazing songs.

My fav album is probably Cruelty and the Beast.. I like the "new" CoF style too, i.e. Nymphetamine and the most recent one.. Those albums have a less evil vibe than the older albums.
                              "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Working...
                              X