Practice amp recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practice amp recommendations

I just sold my old 2x12 johnson modeling amp and have about 200 bones to work with. Whats a nice little metal sounding amp? I've started the search at line 6 and i've heard the micro cubes are good.

Let me know what you think!
    ----------
    Gear Action - Washburn Dime 2ST Pro, BC Rich NT Jr. V w/EMG, Dean DFH/CFH, Dean V-Coustic, Jackson USA KV2, Peavey 5150 II, Randall 412CXM, BBE 362 Sonic maximizer, Alesis 3630 noise gate

A line six spider will do good just noodling in the bedroom

I have a Crate DXJ212 Modling amp that I use for the bedroom
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Line 6, Crate, Hughes and Ketter Warp series make some good practice amps too. Old SS Marshalls or Park, Peavey
      1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Boss Cube30 or something.. great little amps.
        "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Originally posted by AfterForever View Post
          Boss Cube30 or something.. great little amps.
          Roland Cube... Comes with Boss' COSM modelling and effects, got a 30 on the way

Vox also has the DA series

Comment

Tech 21 Trademark 10, if you can find one. Or, the TM30.

Comment

Line 6 spider

the cubes are good but i just couldnt get the roar which i get on my line 6 on my friends cube
              Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
              Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

cool guys thanks for the info
                ----------
                Gear Action - Washburn Dime 2ST Pro, BC Rich NT Jr. V w/EMG, Dean DFH/CFH, Dean V-Coustic, Jackson USA KV2, Peavey 5150 II, Randall 412CXM, BBE 362 Sonic maximizer, Alesis 3630 noise gate

Comment

i have a cube and it is a cool little amp, but i also like my Korg Pandora and just put on a head set. that is a anytime / anywhere set up that i don't have to worry about noise issues.
                  ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Originally posted by Super_shredder View Post
                    Line 6 spider

the cubes are good but i just couldnt get the roar which i get on my line 6 on my friends cube
                    +1
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Cube's are cool as an ice cube. The 30's have a some punch to them, DK2 has the roland Cube 60 I think, so that's gotta be even better for a bedroom practice amp
                      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                        Cube's are cool as an ice cube. The 30's have a some punch to them, DK2 has the roland Cube 60 I think, so that's gotta be even better for a bedroom practice amp
                        I've been looking at the cube 30 with built in tuner and all kinds of amp modes. My friend runs a peavey rage with a boss metal zone pedal for practice so i'd imagine it'd be a similar tone
                        ----------

Comment

I've used both Line 6 and the cube. both are good, but I think the the Line 6 was better. However, given as the Cube is made by Boss/Roland it will probably last forever.

Comment

Originally posted by sandbag View Post
                            I've been looking at the cube 30 with built in tuner and all kinds of amp modes. My friend runs a peavey rage with a boss metal zone pedal for practice so i'd imagine it'd be a similar tone
                            +1. I use the Rage with the MT-2 Metal Zone. Honestly, most of the time I just use the Rage. For $49 you can't beat the clean, and the distortion is OK (that's where the MT-2 comes in ).

Comment

I ended up goin with the line 6 spider III 30. Its a pretty good sounding little amp for chunkin in my room. Haven't got to try it loud yet but so far its rockin. The cleans and effects are cool as well.
                              ----------

Comment

Working...
                              X