Musical Innovation.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musical Innovation.....

Okay, I've been in and out of quite a few bands lately, and for me, it seems like I won't be happy until I get into an 80's metal band. Well, I've been thinking, do you really think theres room left to have a new 80 metal sound out there? I know thats what I want in a band. No question, But I really don't know if there's anywhere to go with it. I've also been working on a solo effort, an instrumental. I guess I'm torn between using my work towards a cool band, or just finishing my instrumental. Shitty times for finding a good singer by the way.

Originally posted by Burn View Post
    Okay, I've been in and out of quite a few bands lately, and for me, it seems like I won't be happy until I get into an 80's metal band. Well, I've been thinking, do you really think theres room left to have a new 80 metal sound out there? I know thats what I want in a band. No question, But I really don't know if there's anywhere to go with it. I've also been working on a solo effort, an instrumental. I guess I'm torn between using my work towards a cool band, or just finishing my instrumental. Shitty times for finding a good singer by the way.

If you want to be truly happy... play what you enjoy playing regardless of the genre. Just don't expect to get any gigs because (at least around here), you either have to be a emo cover band, a screamo cookie monster band or a pop band.
    There are a few 80's tribute bands around here but thats about it. They have been around for a really long time.
    I am contemplating the original acoustic open mic night types of gigs. There are plenty of them around here.

I can't wait until my band starts gigging again to promote our newest CD.

Comment

Seriously, I'm thinking of just moving on by myself, with the instrumental work. I really like the sound of a real singer and a really good band behind it, but I feel like I'm being completely shadowed by people who just want to copy whats hot... I will always do what I want on guitar, but I really hate that not many will get to hear it....

Comment

I've given up completely on making music for anyone but myself. I'd love to do a Masterplan or Evergrey style band, but around here nobody would give a shit. Besides, I'm married to the only decent vocalist I know. She could sing anything, but she just wants to do folky acoustic stuff. Life sucks.
        This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

These guys are a lot of fun, but it helps to be members of well known bands under the wigs: http://www.myspace.com/metalskool

Comment

Working...
          X