Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats It

Comment

I use to race slot cars. That was a lot of fun. That is a nice track you guys have there.
      Just one more guitar!

Comment

Not back in 1963, you didn't. But, I did.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

fett, I was 6 in "63" and somewhere around that time is when I first ran a slot car :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by FATKAT View Post
            fett, I was 6 in "63" and somewhere around that time is when I first ran a slot car :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
            Those were the days. Remember what $5 bought. Hell, I had a very hard time even scraping up a dollar. There is just something about big boys with the toys they couldn't have as kids.
            Last edited by fett; 04-30-2007, 03:10 PM.

Comment

I do RC Planes (Actually got most of those from my grandfather when he died), thoug hI have never gotten into RC Cars. I should ,as I bet its fun.

Comment

Speaking of RC planes.:ROTF: This was years ago, but I bought a B-25 kit that had a 5 foot wingspan. It was cheap, of course.:ROTF: I figured that with 2 engines; the electronics and about $200 in dope and no place big enough to build it that I should just pass it on to some other dreamer. At a profit. Of course.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                  Those were the days. Remember what $5 bought. Hell, I had a very hard time even scraping up a dollar. There is just something about big boys with the toys they couldn't have as kids.
                  A buck was hard to come by back then, but then gas was 10 cents a gallon so it didnt take a buck

My mom and dad have some old pay checks of my grand parents from the early to mid 60's, after a 40+ hour week the bring home was only 60 to 70 dollars

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                    I do RC Planes (Actually got most of those from my grandfather when he died), thoug hI have never gotten into RC Cars. I should ,as I bet its fun.
                    I never got into the planes, I saw too many take off by remote and come back in a box.
                    I have been looking at the new "park flyer's" (they call them that) that are out now.
                    For less than a hundered bucks its an electric rc plane that you hand launch
                    They had one out the other day at the hobby shop, it was cool.

Comment

It the late "60's when we got to drive. Gas was 33 cents a gallon. A full gallon of wine was a $1.49. And a 6-pack of beer was cheaper than that.:ROTF: But, I was only making like $1.75 working summers at Hunt's cannery. What an awful job that was.

Comment

I have a second slot car track to go play at. It's closer to Atlanta maybe 10 or 15 miles farther than the other track
                        It's a 170ft Hill Climb track, it's called a hill climb because you go up hill to get to the upper stright a way

Comment

Originally posted by FATKAT View Post
                          I never got into the planes, I saw too many take off by remote and come back in a box.
                          I have been looking at the new "park flyer's" (they call them that) that are out now.
                          For less than a hundered bucks its an electric rc plane that you hand launch
                          They had one out the other day at the hobby shop, it was cool.
                          The thing with RC planes, is often how it flies is based on how you built it. Use good gyros it shouldn't crash, use bad ones or dont use them correctly and you will have issues. Plus the better you build it, the less likely it is you'll need major repairs after a crash. A good way to start is to get a basic kit thats basically an engine with wings, and learn to fly, and is easy to repair. Use it kinda as a beater and a test platform, you'll be ready to mvoe on to replicas (I fly a Piper Cub replica as my main plane myself).

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                            It the late "60's when we got to drive. Gas was 33 cents a gallon. A full gallon of wine was a $1.49. And a 6-pack of beer was cheaper than that.:ROTF: But, I was only making like $1.75 working summers at Hunt's cannery. What an awful job that was.
                            I got my first mini bike ( Suzuki Trail Hopper ) in 1969, it had a half gallon tank and took maybe 15 cents to fill up:ROTF: and I could ride till I was silly.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                              The thing with RC planes, is often how it flies is based on how you built it. Use good gyros it shouldn't crash, use bad ones or dont use them correctly and you will have issues. Plus the better you build it, the less likely it is you'll need major repairs after a crash. A good way to start is to get a basic kit thats basically an engine with wings, and learn to fly, and is easy to repair. Use it kinda as a beater and a test platform, you'll be ready to mvoe on to replicas (I fly a Piper Cub replica as my main plane myself).
                              There is a flying field not a half mile from where I am sitting right now. I stop every once in a while and watch it cost less

Comment

I was 19 in 1969. I had my mom's 1966 Olds Dynamic 88. That was a tank.:ROTF: Then there was the '62 Beetle. I only filpped that on it's side once and completely rolled it over on an other occasion.:ROTF: You can't do that anymore. They really get pissed off now.:ROTF: I still love my slot cars and will buy anyone I see. But, did you have a Prop-Rod? I had to sell mine. http://cgi.ebay.com/Thimble-Drome-pr...QQcmdZViewItem
                                Last edited by fett; 04-30-2007, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X