So I just bombed my precacl test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I just bombed my precacl test

Yup, thats right went down in flames on 3 or 4 questions, and it was only a ten question test One good thing is that now that we are done we can use the computers in the math room and here I am the other good thing is that in another 5 minutes I'm going to lunch

And you're bragging about this? Have fun flipping burgers. "You want fries with that?"

Comment

Not bragging, simply telling about it And I plan to be a music teacher anyways so there is no need for any calculus in that. Also there is no practical use in life whatsoever for precalculus. I've tried to find one and I can't.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer32390 View Post
        Also there is no practical use in life whatsoever for precalculus. I've tried to find one and I can't.
        Minigolf? haha
        "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Not bragging, simply telling about it And I plan to be a music teacher anyways so there is no need for any calculus in that. Also there is no practical use in life whatsoever for precalculus. I've tried to find one and I can't.

No need in life for Math? I see...
          Ahh to be young...
          Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

And I plan to be a music teacher anyways so there is no need for any calculus in that. Also there is no practical use in life whatsoever for precalculus. I've tried to find one and I can't.
            For music I would agree with you. In life... well that is just ignorant and a statement that I would expect from a person that just bombed a pre-calc test.

-Nate
            Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

I might be biased as a math major, but I would feel kind of lost in the world without a decent working knowledge of math/physics/chemistry.

You should at least learn some probability and statistics. It sucks when people start quoting stats and they have no idea what they're talking about.

Comment

Unless you are going into physics or math there is not a use for calculus as far as I know either . Never took it never will. I'm a CFO too.

Comment

Yeah cause if your aren't proficient in calculus you are doomed to flipping burgers forever.

Or you could be a math genius and surf the web all day posting. As proven by all the post in this thread.

Obviously he isnt bragging, he is taking precalculus, which is much more than most.
                  Last edited by VinceV; 05-01-2007, 11:53 AM.
                  Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Geesh, guys. I was totally joking with the burger flipping comment. Hence the " " in my post.

I do think his flippant attitude about failing the test was kind of lame, though. Try harder, dude. May not be the most important subject, but they all matter somewhat.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                      Geesh, guys.
                      I do think his flippant attitude .
                      Was than a pun?:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
                      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                        Was than a pun?:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
                        No it will be a bun
                        Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I feel for the poor guy. Some people are just not made to be math smart. I know I'm not.:ROTF: At least, in a school sense. All through my school years math just killed me. Basic math was OK. But, when I was in highschool and had to take Algebra and Geometry (I can't even spell it:ROTF: ) I was just toast.:ROTF: The only class that I dropped out of in college was "Statistics". It scared the hell out of me. But, I had to take it for my Soc degree. So, I finally take the class and all the tests were "Open BooK".:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: All we had to do was plug in the numbers.:ROTF:
                          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I love math, but couldn't stand calculus. Love algebra, geometry, trigonometry, etc.......but HATED calculus. Just seemed too out there unless a person is going into a career that requires such knowledge. I always got good grades in math, but got a D+ in 5 hour calculus my first time in college (my worst grade in college). I got an A+ when I retook it, but I still hated it, and have yet (that I recall) to use it in everyday life.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly View Post
                              No need in life for Math? I see...
                              Ahh to be young...
                              Hey, you're not a reporter for a major News outlet are you? That's the biggest misquote I've ever seen

He specifically said "pre-calc", not "math".

"Math" covers everything from making change at McDonald's to deep space probes. Pre-calculus covers minigolf
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X