So I just bombed my precacl test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
    I do think his flippant attitude about failing the test was kind of lame, though. Try harder, dude. May not be the most important subject, but they all matter somewhat.

Wow I didn't expect this much of an uproar over this. Let me clarify this, I am a junior in high school and am taking two courses for college credits, Honors Humanites (a history class) and U.R.I. Writing (university of rhode island) both of which I have A's in. Also im taking physics, a senior level math in my school, and I have a 98 out of 100 for my average in it. Pre-calc is my hardes class out of all of them, and most kids in my school don't even come close to taking that class, and those that do are the "smart" seniors! Also in Pre-calc I have an 82 for my average so I understand it but I did bad on this test because the material is hard! (and on a side note I'm doing just as good if not better than the majority of the others in that class) and on top of that course load I have two band classes which we are going full throttle in because we have a concert on the 16th. So at the moment, my dear sir, there is no lack of trying on my part nor is there any trace of a "flippant" attitude on my part since I try my hardest in this class.

....And what makes this worse is I hate minigolf for the most part :ROTF:

Comment

"So I just bombed my precacl test"

Looks like your spelling test might be just as bad. :ROTF:
      Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by VinceV View Post
        Obviously he isnt bragging, he is taking precalculus, which is much more than most.
        No, he's taking precacl, whatever that is. :ROTF:
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer View Post
          "So I just bombed my precacl test"

Looks like your spelling test might be just as bad. :ROTF:
          Damn! I knew I was going to do that at least once in this thread. But I have a 95 in my writing class so I guess my spelling is that bad.

Comment

I majored in inglish. We all knew what we wanted to see.:ROTF: :ROTF: Then, someone pulls a Ron.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              No, he's taking precacl, whatever that is. :ROTF:
              It's just before you tickle a witch. :ROTF:
              Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

LMAO! :ROTF:
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Pssh thats nothing. I've scored a 29... with a 25 point curve. Yay for 1 out of 25.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    Hey, you're not a reporter for a major News outlet are you? That's the biggest misquote I've ever seen

He specifically said "pre-calc", not "math".

"Math" covers everything from making change at McDonald's to deep space probes. Pre-calculus covers minigolf

That hurt SOOO bad Newc.... I'm crushed. Now go destroy another guitar...
                    Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Originally posted by slayer32390 View Post
                      Wow I didn't expect this much of an uproar over this. Let me clarify this, I am a junior in high school and am taking two courses for college credits, Honors Humanites (a history class) and U.R.I. Writing (university of rhode island) both of which I have A's in. Also im taking physics, a senior level math in my school, and I have a 98 out of 100 for my average in it. Pre-calc is my hardes class out of all of them, and most kids in my school don't even come close to taking that class, and those that do are the "smart" seniors! Also in Pre-calc I have an 82 for my average so I understand it but I did bad on this test because the material is hard! (and on a side note I'm doing just as good if not better than the majority of the others in that class) and on top of that course load I have two band classes which we are going full throttle in because we have a concert on the 16th. So at the moment, my dear sir, there is no lack of trying on my part nor is there any trace of a "flippant" attitude on my part since I try my hardest in this class.

....And what makes this worse is I hate minigolf for the most part :ROTF:
                      Just forget about it and do better when the next opportunity comes. I personally dislike taking tests because they make me nervous and I make lot's of silly mistakes. If you have not looked at the solutions yet then just try solving the test once again but without the time-pressure, just to check that you have grasped the concepts involved. Also, good luck with your physics studies. There is nothing better if you ask me (I have been studying it for almost 5 years now and it never gets boring)!

Comment

Thanks Monk, I do really like physics but I like chemistry even more because, come on who doesn't like aclass that they let you play with fire? Seriously though I had close a perfect score in my chem class last year and it was one of the few classes that I thoroughly enjoyed.

Comment

wtf..??

I didn't even read the thread..I couldn't..

just the responses..

what test..ummm..sorry man...take it again perhaps?
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                            You should at least learn some probability and statistics. It sucks when people start quoting stats and they have no idea what they're talking about.
                            I think 96% of the population would agree with you there.
                            Originally posted by Jack The Riffer View Post
                            It's just before you tickle a witch. :ROTF:
                            bad, but very funny
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                              I think 96% of the population would agree with you there.

bad, but very funny
                              It's a well known fact that 77% of all statistics are made up.

The witch comment was so bad, it was pretty damn funny.

Comment

Math is a key for me, Luckily spelling is not

If I'm a .010 off on somehting It could damage a whole project and cost lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I also didn't take any english classes after 11th grade, and I really didn't give a fuck about any english class I ever took. how in the hell is me reading a book about the Salem witch hunt when I'm 16-17 gonna ever help me make money?? It won't, so screw you English
                                I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Working...
                                X