No announcement yet.

Question for San Diego members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't forget to map out Legoland though, it's really not that close to SD, it's actually about 40 miles north in a town called Carlsbad (where I had my 3rd gig with my band, MCR).
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

To bad Carlsbad Racetrack isn't there any more

One of the best So Cal motocross tracks ever
      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
        Don't forget to map out Legoland though, it's really not that close to SD, it's actually about 40 miles north in a town called Carlsbad (where I had my 3rd gig with my band, MCR).
        Thanks.

After discussing with my wife, I think we will be hitting the horse race track for at least a few hours. She thinks it would be fun.

We booked our tickets and our hotel last night.

- E.
        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Theres a little cove in LaJolla right off the road next to the ocean.. the seals love to lay on the beach and sun themselves and they're very tame.. you can walk right up next to them and take their pic. Your kids would love it. http://www.oceanlight.com/log/la-jol...ntroversy.html

Ya gotta hit Coronado too..it is very nice there.

Comment

Coronado bay is a must , you should book a room there.
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Excellent. I told Diane that I will print this thread out and put it in our vacation file since there are so many good suggestions in here.

I also reminded her that she always gives me a hard time about "geeking out" on the Jackson forum with all of my "nerd friends", yet she sure isn't complaining that we have a resource to go to and ask regional questions like this.

- Eric

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy View Post
                Theres a little cove in LaJolla right off the road next to the ocean.. the seals love to lay on the beach and sun themselves and they're very tame.. you can walk right up next to them and take their pic. Your kids would love it. http://www.oceanlight.com/log/la-jol...ntroversy.html

Ya gotta hit Coronado too..it is very nice there.
                Last time I was there they had the seals roped off from the public, so now its look and no touch. Still worth going though, as the area is great and you can still see the seals sleeping on the beach. The official name is the "Children's Pool": http://www.sandiego.gov/lifeguards/beaches/pool.shtml

Comment

Then again you could always drive north to H.B. and i can un -nerd the lot of us-lol
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I haven't been there in about 6 years. I miss visiting there tho, been meaning to road trip it the past few years before gas goes sky high.

Comment

You do realize you are only about 100 miles from Disneyland. If you haven't been. Do it.
                      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Yep, Disney and Shamu at Sea World are must see's if you have the time and funds. They be pricey.

Comment

Originally posted by iced_earth View Post
                          Last time I was there they had the seals roped off from the public, so now its look and no touch.
                          Don't get me started on the seals...

Sincerely,
                          Mr. Hates High Bacterial Content in His Ocean When He Swims or Surfs
                          Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

You mean the seals fucked up our water or the other way around?

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                              You do realize you are only about 100 miles from Disneyland. If you haven't been. Do it.
                              We did the whole park thing in Orlando two summers ago. We want to focus on the ocean and more regional attractions instead of the Disney empire. We may go to Seaworld though. When we went in Orlando is was too hot to enjoy it so we didn't spend much time there.

- Eric

Comment

D-Land is different. The weather should be perfect. I would hit it. Just drive up the coast.

Comment

Working...
                                X