question about luither salaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about luither salaries

I have to do a project about my future career. i opted for a luiter, but i can't seem to come up with a salary for this job. i know it will vary greatly, from company to company, so i figured i would try here.

if you guys could help me out if you know any, weither it be form the jackson, charvel, or fender. Or if it is a guy doing his own thing. though it has to be an actually master builder not a assembly guy.
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

First, learn to spell "luthier" correctly!

Comment

Ah, fuck it!!! Just become a "Guitar Maker":ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: You will probably make zip when you start. It's all Rep.
      Last edited by fett; 05-02-2007, 01:45 PM.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

If you plan on becoming a true luthier, then

1. don´t plan on actually building all that many axes
        2. Don´t expect to become rich. A "better blue collar salary" is about the max you can expect, and that will take a while. I think maybe 2k-2.5k /month absolute tops, and then you´ve been doing it for the better part of your life.

I think it was Neal Moser that said to make a small fortune as a luthier, you have to start with a large fortune and work your way down.

In other words: If you´re doing it for any reason other than it being what you love and what you want to die doing, you´ll probably be better off doing something else

Comment

i wrote it like that on my essays, i don't know why i misspelled it twice in my post odd.
          i never expected it to be a lavish life style, but thanks. does anyone know how much the fender master builders are making.

1000th post AWESOME!!!!!!! go me
          "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Yeah, guitarists (musicians in general) can be a bunch of cheap asses... Not a group to make a living off of.

I have a buddy that repairs jetski's and Seadoos etc.. he's making a mint and is always busy... Toys man, the dough is in toys...

Comment

Working...
            X