Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best video card?

Hello

I wanted to know from all of you people who play computer games or are specially into computer desing, architecture, whatever.

Which video card is the best I can get at the moment? If not, what is the most famous or reliable brand that I should look out for?

Thanks!

It's not so much as to what is the best, it's all about how deep are your pockets and is it worth it to you.

http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphi...=741&chart=318

Comment

You should consider one your power supply, processor and motherboard can handle..most importantly.. the power supply.

Just like more powerful processors..the more upper end power hungry graphics cards can run hot. Make sure your casee is laid out well for good airflow and you have the cooling monitored. That you have plenty of power going to the rails with a reliable power supply.

I usually have preferred Nvidia over ATI. I typically by whatever companies have the best card buy/rebates for the buck in the features and price I want as well as their warranty/reputation. I tend to like EVGA and Gigabyte.

Comment

As stated above it depends on how much or little you want to spend. But I've had good experiences with NVidia cards from low end ones right up to the top end Quadras.
        Buy the best you can afford!
        Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Are you going to be running Vista during the time you use this video card?

Comment

If you're going to be running Vista, stick with ATI.
            nVidia still doesn't have their shit together on video drivers for Vista yet.
            The X series are decent cards and won't hurt your wallet too bad.
            I have an X1300 with 256MB of video ram and it runs all my flight sims flawlessly.
            -Rick

Comment

I will be using Windows XP Professional (not into the Vista thing...) and I will be spending no more than 300 dollars. Any possibilities ?

Oh by the way, these are all PCI Express right? Do I need a special motherboard or something to run these? If it does, will that eliminate the possibility of using regular PCI parts (soundcard, etc) ?
              Last edited by LEOKV2; 05-05-2007, 11:55 AM.

Comment

They come in PCI-X and AGP.
                Regardless, you can still use a PCI sound card with them.
                And yes, if your board doesn't have a PCI-X slot, you will have to go either AGP (good luck finding any new cards in this format) or get a new mother board.
                -Rick

Comment

PCI and PCIe and AGP are all different from one another. You can still get AGP cards at Newegg, Tiger direct, Best Buy, Circuit city which are still fairly upper end ATI or Nvidia.

Comment

Originally posted by audiophile View Post
                    It's not so much as to what is the best, it's all about how deep are your pockets and is it worth it to you.
                    Bingo we have a winner.
                    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Working...
                    X