alcoholics starting Atkin's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alcoholics starting Atkin's

Yes, I like to drink. I love it actually. Beer, whiskey, tequila, I'm not racist.

But my gut is growing. It is high time I did something before, well you know.

I bought an Atkins book and am going to give it a go. Everything I like has carbs. What am I going to drink? I know, I know, alcohol, blah blah. Just trying to be realistic. I can do some of this shit but cold turkey is NOT gonna happen. So my question is - what am I gonna drink? Beer is out. Tequila is in but even lime juice is 2 carbs per 2 tablsspoons. Vodka has no carbs, but it needs mixed for me. All fruit juices are a no no. What am I gonna drink? Need help Bro's.

well you can have some carbs with the atkins diet you know it's not all about the bacon.
    this book is all about the bacon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuQ63P_sJiA
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Bacardi Rum and Diet Coke
      Captain Morgan's Original Spiced Rum and Diet Coke
      Absolut Vodka and Crystal Light
      Grey Goose and Sugar Free Tonic
      Ketel One and Diet 7-Up
      Budweiser Select
      Miller Lite
      Michelob Ultra

Comment

My best friend and I (along with 1 other guy) pretty much outdrink the rest of our frat combined.

He has lost ~30 lbs in the past 4-5 months and has been doing the whole diet soda thing (+ alcohol of your choice).

I've lost about 15 lbs. in the same time but I didn't change anything I eat or drink, just reduced the quantity of food by a huge amount. It turns out when you didn't just eat 1500 calories at dinner, the alcohol has a much greater effect.
        Last edited by thetroy; 05-06-2007, 10:51 PM.

Comment

dont diet and drink booze. too hard on the liver and kidneys. Ketosis will fuck u up if you are not careful. Stay away from booze while on atkins.

Comment

dont diet and drink booze. too hard on the liver and kidneys. Ketosis will fuck u up if you are not careful. Stay away from booze while on atkins.
            +1
            diet also doesn't work if you drink alot.
            That diet trashed my stomach. If you have stomach problems in your family don't go on this diet.

Comment

I've tried all sorts and the only thing that really worked was cutting down on portions and exercise... beer just piles on the pounds mate. Sorry, I know it's boring but it's true... the more you drink the more exercise you will need to burn it all off... life sucks! But hey, if you play guitar, fuck that shit... throw your horns up and rock! The chicks will still love ya man!
              1991 Jackson SL1 custom USA 'smokin' skull'
              1992 Jackson SL1 custom USA 'Bikini Beach'
              EBMM BFR Luke, Ruby Burst
              Ibanez JS1000
              Yamaha SG3000S,Wine Red
              Ovation shallow back 1985 Limited Edition acoustic
              Boogie Dual Recto, Marshall 1960 4X12 cab, Vox Satchurator, 2XMXR M-108 EQs, Keeley DS-1, Keeley TS9DS FLEXI 4X2, Keeley compressor, Morley Wah, Digitech Whammy-1, TC Electronic G-System, DR Z Air Brake and all Evidence Audio Lyric HG cabling.

Comment

Alcohol is possibly the single WORST thing you can do for fat loss. Also, the Atkins diet isn't really that good of a plan either. Will you lose weight? Yes, in the form of muscle. You quit the Atkins regiment and you end up fatter than you were when you started.

Keys to loosing fat (in order of importance):
                Nutrition
                Weight-lifting
                Cardio

Comment

I lost 30lbs of fat on atkins, but you have to change your eating habbits or you will gain it back. I did.

Comment

Its all about portion control and eating relatively healthy. Start cooking with low fat ingredients and foods. Bring your lunch to work/school instead of ordering out, and switch to diet soda. I've lost 41lbs in the last year by using common sense, no special diets, no special exercise, just common sense. Stick to 1800 total calories a day or less, and eat often; every few hours or so. No BIG gut stuffing meals. Its as easy as it sounds if you're serious about weight loss.

Most people dont do atkins the way its intended. They buy the book, look at the list of foods, but never actually change their eating habits. Atkins done wrong = High Cholesterol, high blood pressure, ulcers, and everything else that comes with eating a high fat diet.
                    Last edited by UFORocks; 05-07-2007, 04:02 PM.
                    Guitars:
                    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                    Amp:
                    VOX AD30VT

Comment

Originally posted by UFORocks View Post
                      Its all about portion control and eating relatively healthy. Start cooking with low fat ingredients and foods. Bring your lunch to work/school instead of ordering out, and switch to diet soda. I've lost 41lbs in the last year by using common sense, no special diets, no special exercise, just common sense. Stick to 1800 total calories a day or less, and eat often; every few hours or so. No BIG gut stuffing meals. Its as easy as it sounds if you're serious about weight loss.

Most people dont do atkins the way its intended. They buy the book, look at the list of foods, but never actually change their eating habits. Atkins done wrong = High Cholesterol, high blood pressure, ulcers, and everything else that comes with eating a high fat diet.
                      So true. All Atkins truly does is reduce your intake of calories. There is some metabolic change with atkins but the brass tax on it is less caloric intake. The math is simple every deficiet of 3500 calories = a pound. How you approach it will allow you to regulate if it is muscle or fat to an extent.

Everyones body responds differently to exercise and diet so you have to figure out how your body responds to maximize it.

BTW alcohol is a major no no on any diet.
                      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                      X