No announcement yet.

How old were you...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I played at a party when I was 18, but it was more like a glorified practice with friends. My first real gig was when I was 20.

Comment

My first show will be this Saturday. I am 36 now. I hooked up with a group that was older, 44+. They play primarily 60's to early 70's rock and blues. It's not what I thought I would be playing but I'll take the experience and will try to have fun with it.
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

good luck! Hope you steal the show!!
        Sam

Comment

17 when i first started playing,37 now and still doing shows,married now with a baby girl,and the wife still lets me go out and shred my ass off
          http://www.myspace.com/deadsoldier2

Comment

I was 14, Playing Acoustic covers of Skid Row, White Lion and CCR!
            Out Of Ideas

Comment

17 or so, doing acoustic stuff. 24 with a full band.
              Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

first one was a recital.. i played "Malagena"... on an Aria Classical at
                age 14. Thought i was Jose Feliciano! Played for about 30 people)
                First paying gig was at 22 when i started playing in a regular band
                twice a week for about 300 people, and once for 2000 people! (ah
                the big time!) Most $'s i was paid was for this AT&T christmas party
                (in 1976) and i got $125 at the end of the evening! A Fortune back then,
                heck it was 3 weeks pay. But i have not played for more than 4 or 5
                people since 79'. Im a Bedroom Rock Star now.

Comment

14. I did a gig a little while ago at a pig roast. Really fun just to mess around. Stuff like Black Sabbath, SRV, and some alternative stuff.
                  My Main Rig:
                  '87 Charvel Model 4A
                  Peavey KB100 amp
                  Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
                  '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                  '05 Ibanez RG320FM
                  '86 Ovation Pinnacle
                  '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
                  '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

16, I was the Only Drummer Compatent enough to kick ass. All Zeppielin and Metallica
                    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

If I remember right, I was 28. It was the day after Christmas, and we were the only band on the bill that I would call metal, although the other bands (hardcore as defined at the time) could probably fit the "metalcore" tag now. I was twice as old as many of the kids in attendance, and honestly most of them were into the hardcore bands far more than us, but I think there were about 100 people packed into a very small room. All things considered, it was a great first show.
                      sigpic

Comment

42, and it was last October. LOL then we had another show on New Years Eve.

I was never in a band when I was younger, I had neither the confidence nor the right situation with players. then guitar took a back seat for 15 yrs with career, marriage, relocating 3x, 2 kids, buying houses, all that shit.

I got back into guitar about 3 years ago and got much better and more confident and joined my first band at 41 and we did a two gigs in the following 6 months. gearing up for another one here in June.

it's so much fun and it's never too late to play out. just do it bro.
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

16, did shows for about 7 years and haven't played a show in 12 years now. Miss doing it though.

Comment

about 6... i used to do school concerts on the violin all the time

playing guitar about 19 after playing for 6 months

Comment

Working...
                            X