It's over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's over

What is it? Well, me and my girl/fiancee(sp?) for the last four years, first love and all, the whole shabang, called it quits today. She was the one who "manned up" in the end so to speak, and told it as it was. And I'm proud of her for that. The last two years we've been living together more than being together . I guess we just grew apart in the end, and I guess I knew it inside too.. We're still good friends, we'll always have a special place in each others hearts. And she'll still be going to see Ozzy with me this summer
    So all drama-rama aside, the good news is I'll be spending a lot more time playing guitar from now on, going to concerts, completing my education and just spending more time trying to find myself and be a better man.

Let's keep rockin'!
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
    the good news is I'll be spending a lot more time playing guitar from now on, going to concerts, completing my education and just spending more time trying to find myself and be a better man.
    good news? wtf dude? go out and start chasing girls
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

What is it? Well, me and my girl/fiancee(sp?) for the last four years, first love and all, the whole shabang, called it quits today. She was the one who "manned up" in the end so to speak, and told it as it was. And I'm proud of her for that. The last two years we've been living together more than being together . I guess we just grew apart in the end, and I guess I knew it inside too.. We're still good friends, we'll always have a special place in each others hearts. And she'll still be going to see Ozzy with me this summer
      So all drama-rama aside, the good news is I'll be spending a lot more time playing guitar from now on, going to concerts, completing my education and just spending more time trying to find myself and be a better man.

Let's keep rockin'!
      Thats when I advanced the most in guitar playing, is after a breakup. My 'new' girlfriend became my guitar, for 3 1/2 solid years.
      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Originally posted by donf View Post
        Thats when I advanced the most in guitar playing, is after a breakup. My 'new' girlfriend became my guitar, for 3 1/2 solid years.

Oh dear. The guitar and Mrs Palm and her 5 lovely daughters? Great for your playing, not great for your tissue paper budget.

Guitardude, they'll be plenty more (provided you don't become a guitar hermit). All things in moderation, bit of practice, go out, snare a beauty, then ask your ex for the Ozzy ticket! At least you are positive and not moping around like a loser. Chin up, your next bird is waiting your call.
        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Don'y worry another woman will mess up your life later.Take some time for yourself.Being single has its merits.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

No woman=more guitars in your collection. I can vouch for that.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I'll dedicate this one to the both of you.

Comment

Finally a civilized breakup here on JCF. Deserves respect! You're young Henrik and have lots of time ahead of you. I'd say bury yourself in guitar playing and build your guitar foundation now!
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Ouch, Sorry to hear that, but if it's for the best, then I guess it's a good thing. That's cool you and her are still gonna be friends. Personally I don't even talk to any of my EX's.

Matt

Comment

I don't call any of my Ex's either unless they call me for some "bologna injection". I'm a man whore a proud of it!
                    "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Don't sweat the breakup too hardly. There's only one thing i can compare being dope sick to, and that's a truly broken heart, but the broken heart takes longer to heal, but your heart doesn't seem broken, so i say attack!!!!! and it's cool to stay friends with her, although I don't think you'll be communicating too much anymore. You sound like you're ready to live your life instead of going into a funk, good for you henrik.
                      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

A clean break is the best, though don't let her use "friendship" to still have you doing heavy labor for her all the time. Keep it friendly if you can, and indulge in your guitar, but you should also open your eyes to all the cool women out there.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Let's keep rockin'!

Would you still feel alright,if she had a boyfriend and told you about him?

I don't believe in the "let's keep it as friends" thing.You get too much beyond the line,when you become lovers.I can't do that.But I hope it works for you.I wish you and your guitars the best
                          I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Holy shit guys.. I just got home from work and reading all these words of support.. I'm getting all teary-eyed here haha.. well almost..

Blazer: Thank you so much for that song, Frehley will always be my favourite KISS-member!

rsmacker: She paid for both Ozzy-tickets a few weeks ago so I can't ask her to give me hers She likes Ozzy too and I can't take that away from her just because we broke up.

lerxstrat: No worries about heavy labor and favors, she'll be going to another part of the country soon because of her studies anyway.

Jackson1, namebrother and fellow scandinavian: I'll definitely focus more on my guitarplaying now, if I could I'd go abroad and learn how to build guitars or go to guitarschool, wish I could do both.. But it's so freakin' expensive! One day I will tho.. One day..

Norton: What can I say? You've got a great sense of humor!

To Tommy and all others who may be concerned.. Thank you for your support, this is not such a big deal really, you and I all know it. Just needed to vent some steam.. Life goes on and when one door closes, another one opens.. Hopefully that door leads to a lot of guitars!
                            "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                              A clean break is the best, though don't let her use "friendship" to still have you doing heavy labor for her all the time. Keep it friendly if you can, and indulge in your guitar, but you should also open your eyes to all the cool women out there.

I couldn't have say that better...I invested 4 years into a asshole..I didn't know she was a asshole at the time. Giving me the crabs should have been the first clue..

But ya live, learn and go on..preferably crab free ..like I have!

Breaking up with "asshole" was the best thing that ever happened to me..I would have never met my most awesome wife..who has been with me for over 23 years..and she is as lovely as ever.

"Asshole" did NOT age gracefully..

She looks like titless beef jerky.. I don't even wanna think I used to hit that...but that was loooong ago!
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X