Fell off the train

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fell off the train

I haven't picked up my guitar in probably two weeks. For the most part it's because it's the end of the semester and also the end of my PhD coursework. I've been putting A LOT of time into preparation for my final paper(s) and exams. However, as of yesterday I finished everything but I still didn't pick up my guitar. I've got a weekly lesson today and I feel bad because I haven't practiced any and I'm sure my playing has regressed. Also, the weather has been SOOO nice that I'll opt to ride my motorcycle when I do have a bit of free time.

I have a new pickup coming today, however, so I hope that will give me a bit of incentive to start building my chops back up.

Anyway, I'm not quite sure why I posted this but I just wondered if anyone else falls off the train occasionally?

Of course!
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

oh, hell yea! I'm sitting here playing while I surf the JCF - first time I've picked up a guitar in 4 days, and it was about a week before that that I'd played. Been feeling seriously demotivated lately, but tonight I made myself pick up a guitar.

And waddya know - just noodling away here, I'm actually enjoying myself
      Hail yesterday

Comment

i have made a habit of always having a guitar in my hands while in front of the pc these days. it has helped a lot.
        1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

It happens to me all the time, I practice alot and when I miss a day it just sucks cause I feel like it holds me back. But taking a breather is sometimes for the best. I'm just too sleepy sometimes too, but thus is life.

Comment

I go for a month sometimes and don't pick it up.

Strange thing is I pick it up and although having lost some endurance, I'm usually a bit better at stuff and definitely fresher.

I think I work on it subconsciously and things that are giving me troubles get figured out in the backround.

Comment

I suppose eveyrone falls off now and again, however, I've been busting my balls trying to get better and I feel like these couple weeks totally removed from the guitar (really, I haven't even thought about it much) will result in weeks if not a few months regression.

Oh well, I'm just pissed......lol.

Comment

Well in the struggle to get better you have to break for sure. If your in a routine thats great, but if your doing chromatics, wide movements, things that your not used to doing. Ya gotta chill! Otherwise you'll toss your fiddle god knows where. I say look for some new music, learn the songs and then push the bar after your happy.

Or improv over some songs you listen to for the hell of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrust View Post
                  I suppose eveyrone falls off now and again, however, I've been busting my balls trying to get better and I feel like these couple weeks totally removed from the guitar (really, I haven't even thought about it much) will result in weeks if not a few months regression.

Oh well, I'm just pissed......lol.
                  Sometimes a little break can cause huge gains... One day of warm up, you will be back and swinging...
                  Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

I haven't played in so long that I haven't even finished the set up of the KV2 I got on March 9th.

If that is not what you do for a living,life will get in the way sometimes....
                    Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

I CANNOT keep myself away from my guitar. The only time I did not get to play, me and my wife had taken a 1 week vacation to Hawaii. But I did try to compensate that by playing on some Ukulele's.
                      Sam

Comment

Man, I was disappointed this thread wasn't about someone falling off a real train. :ROTF:
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I fell off the train years ago and never caught up again.

Comment

Working...
                          X