Guitars from ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitars from ebay

I'm not spamming. I just got this guitar and it sounds like shit. The intonatation is way off. The pups are too low. It's otherwise super. This is a big seller. But, he didn't even take the time to set it up. They just get 'em for less and sell them for more. Except for Mattsmusic. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...1108&rd=1&rd=1
    I am a true ass set to this board.

so, what's your point? Its always been that way.
    Sam

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
      They just get 'em for less and sell them for more.

Wow... Who'd a thunk it?

Comment

I'm not sure.:ROTF: Maybe, they played the guitar and it didn't sound right.:ROTF: And, they were either too stupid or too lazy to make it work. Oh, nevermind. I will deal with it.
        Last edited by fett; 05-09-2007, 05:10 PM.

Comment

heres how I keep mine tuned, sliding the bass "D" out of the nut is the trick Teles got that sound

I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

This is a fine guitar. With the jillions of guitars out there, why bother setiing it up and making sure it "works"?

Comment

fett- This place is about 6 miles from my house and I never buy anything from them, I go look but never buy

Comment

Here is another side to this. A boner buys a guitar and just accepts it out of the box. Sounds like shit. So he puts it up on ebay. Here's my "I got a cheap guitar to work great" story. For $18, I bought one of those '70's Japanese 3/4 size Strat knockoffs. It's all mahogany.:ROTF: I plugged it in and it sounded like shit. Oh!!! What to do? I raised the single pup from 5/8 of an inch away to 3/16. It screams now.:ROTF:

Comment

This is a fine guitar. With the jillions of guitars out there, why bother setiing it up and making sure it "works"?

Because the guy that bought lives a thousand miles away and paid the same price whether it was setup or not setup... :ROTF:

Comment

Fett: Fine tuning the world, one guitar at a time....

Comment

Originally posted by FATKAT View Post
                      fett- This place is about 6 miles from my house and I never buy anything from them, I go look but never buy
                      Why not?

Comment

That's why I like screwdrivers.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

fett, get those cheap gtrs from ebay, set 'em up properly and sell them to us on the classifieds.
                          Sam

Comment

Like I said, Matt sent me a good guitar it tune. I know an "in tune" guitar doesn't sell for more. But, a dumbfuk that get's rid of his because it "doesn't sound right" is a godsend.

Comment

Why not?
                              They always want too much for what they are selling "IMO". They have guitars that hang on the wall for months at a time. They do keep a good many high end fenders (high dollar any way)
                              I can think of one that I beleave has been there for 3 or 4 years?
                              They won't deal ether, they'll just let it hang on the wall!! or maybe list it on e-bay

Comment

Working...
                              X