Marketing to Gear-Heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marketing to Gear-Heads

I sell very few guitar-related items on the Bay. But, I have a marketing hypothesis. I state that it would make sense to start auctions on like a Weds at about 12PM PDT. I figure that to end an auction on the weekend night doesn't make sense. Those buyers are probably are out 'til all hours and not sitting on the computer. I know they may work during the week. But, I bet they don't wake until noon on the weekdays. What say ye?
    I am a true ass set to this board.

I think I just answered it. There is 22 of you viewing this.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

I always try to get a full weekend in on my auctions. I love it when all the drunks get home... and want to go shopping.
      Why hunt ... when there is no machine gun season?

Comment

The people that are out partying late at nights are not the ones spending a lot of money on gear unless they're rich

Comment

Friday nights seem to work best for me...gives me the weekend to pack so I can ship Monday morning on the way to work. There are a lot of shoppers Fridays at home after post-work cocktails...
          Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

I always let my gear auctions end on a Sunday night, regardless of how many days I let it run.
            That way I can have the item shipped out first thing Monday morning or by Tuesday at the latest if they don't pay until Monday night.
            PayPal only auctions with responsible buyers are fairly easy.
            I've only had one retard who didn't understand what "payment due within 24 hours of auction close" meant.
            -Rick

Comment

Sunday night FTW! Hands down, youll get the most money on Sunday because face it, just about everyone is home on Sunday evening.
              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

So, the extension to this is: "When do you shop?" Or does it matter?

Comment

well, as far as better selling on sunday nights, I am skeptical about that. IMO on Sunday, people with wife/kids dont have much time to spend browsing on ebay because they are spending time with the family. I say, ending on Monday is the best. Its been proven that hardly enough work gets done on Monday's because people are just not in the mood to work after a weekend. So, they are likely to be browsing for stuff to buy...on eBay. My last few sales on sunday nights have turned out very bad. but on a weekday, they are allright.
                  Sam

Comment

Working...
                  X