Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Vodka drinkers?

The wifey and I love Vodka!!
    Cosmos, weddings cakes, V and cranberry etc.
    over the past 1-2 years we've regularly used, Grey Goose, Sky, Puereux Perfect vanilla, Absolut, Kettle one and some others.
    Recently, we stumbled on Shusoff-
    Bar none, the absolute best tasting Vodka on the market-
    And best of all, the ingredients in vodka that cause heavy hang-overs are not in Shustoff.
    Simply the best vodka we've had to date!!!!

Anyone else tried Shustoff?
    What's your opinion?

Other brands welcome!!!

Me. Back a long time ago in Mexico. When you couldn't but Stoly in the US. Ice cold and a shot from heaven. I will never forget that or them.:ROTF:
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

try this vodka

My freind is the owner. I live in california so i have not tried it . If you talk to them tell susan that chris sent you ok http://www.drippingspringsvodka.com/

Comment

Good pure booze doesn't cause the hangover. That's why it costs so much.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
        Last edited by fett; 05-11-2007, 09:57 PM.

Comment

And then there's Southern Comfort.

Comment

Have not tried Shustoff, but my wife and I have tried just about every other Vodka on the market...

The best ones so far are:

Stolichnaya Elite - around $60/750ml
            Imperia - around $30/750ml
            Sex - around $30/750ml
            Trump - around $32/750ml
            Precise - around $30/750ml

Obviously the Stolichnaya Elite is the very best, but at nearly 2x the price, it's hard to justify it over pretty comparible (albeit not quite the same level) vodkas at half the price.

Comment

I don't drink the stuff but a friend of mine does something interesting. He buys the cheap shit, I mean like Hawkeye or Paramount. He then strains it through a Brita Water Filter, the ones with the pitcher that catches it after it passes through whatever filtration system these things have. He swears that it strains out all the impurities, the stuff that causes hangovers. He says it tastes better too. Who knows. I'm not much of a drinker so I've never tried it...
              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I've heard about the Brita strain. Butt Fuck. I forgot which way it went.

Comment

I drink Absolute and Sky. Are those like crappy?

I got schooled on Tequila for sure, finding Patrone (sp) was pretty good. Was drinking Mescale etc and wondered why I felt so bad the next day. haha...

Comment

I don't care for absolute- But we dig skyy very much.
                    That was our main V for a while-
                    Then we went to grey goose as a regular.
                    Both, I think, are very good tasting and fairly priced.

When we found Shustoff, thanks to our alcoholic sound guy, we were highly impressed.
                    I'm not sure how much it is but its fucking great!
                    that's all we'll drink for Vodka now barring the nicer ones that we will try.
                    But for cost and quality, I think its Shutoff.
                    I've heard of Trump but haven't tried it yet...
                    I'll have to get some and try the others as well.
                    but for the price, I don't think its worth drinking regularly

PS; Patron is excellent in moderation...
                    Tequilla hangover- blah! evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                      I don't drink the stuff but a friend of mine does something interesting. He buys the cheap shit, I mean like Hawkeye or Paramount. He then strains it through a Brita Water Filter, the ones with the pitcher that catches it after it passes through whatever filtration system these things have. He swears that it strains out all the impurities, the stuff that causes hangovers. He says it tastes better too. Who knows.
                      that's actually a great idea and pretty cool that he thought of it.

it's not going to get you great vodka (if you want that sort of thing, I personally detest the stuff, I really did not like the couple of vodka shots I have done in the past, so I prefer ales), but it will get you less crappy vodka that is probably just fine when it realizes the fate of 95% of the vodka consumed daily, that is, being sweetened with some kind of juice or mixer so that the vodka taste is lost in the mix.
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Maybe it's because I'm young but I like Smirnoff just fine. No need to spend more money for the same amount of alcohol

Comment

ahahaaa 30 buck for a bottle????

most of the vodka is made around here... including the best ones.... and you can get a bottle for 3 bucks
                          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

hmm i have never heard of shustoff, but ill keep my eyes peeled. My favorites though are absolute, smirnoff, sky, and this polish shit my friend always has but i never bother to read the label. But Jack Daniels still pwns

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                              ahahaaa 30 buck for a bottle????

most of the vodka is made around here... including the best ones.... and you can get a bottle for 3 bucks
                              That's it, I'm moving to Estonia.
                              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Working...
                              X