Obligatory gig pics once again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obligatory gig pics once again!

It's been a mere 24 hours since we wrapped up our set at Bev's Jook Joint in scenic Superior, Wisconsin, and I just finished going through some pics. It was a nice enough trip up there, but coming back after a night of Pig's Eye beer and a five-band bill was rough. I ended up having to catch a couple hours of sleep at an interstate rest area only 30 miles from home, because I just couldn't keep my eyes open. Got back into town, unloaded gear, caught a few hours of "real" sleep, checked out a few bands at Minneapolis Mayhem 4 (bad turnout - why have this the same day as Milwaukee Metalfest?!), and am now ready to sleep AGAIN. Solace of Requiem played the slot after us in Superior, going on just shy of midnight, and had to be in Milwaukee at 10AM. What balls they have.

Anyway, here's a couple of pics. The usual Jackson/Charvel content, and it was my first gig using my new Boss ME-50 and Peavey Classic 50/50 power amp. Worked out slick, and I look forward to using that setup again.

sigpic

Cool pics man!

Listening to your activities, I can only say. You sir, are all quite veryfuckingmetal.

Much coolness.

Comment

I have one of those 50/50 power amps.
      Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post

Nice

Btw,I heard that the cooling fan of them,works a little noisy,is that true?
        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Yeah Norton, mine is quite noisy but it sure gets the job done. Lots of air gets pushed to the front. We should start a 50/50 club, LOL, but there wouldn't be much to talk about - it's rock solid. But yeah, noisy.

Great action pics as usual, Inazone! Are you running the ME-50 directly to the 50/50?
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Yeah mine was noisy as well. Must be a common thing on them. The time I had mine I didn't have a single problem with it.
            Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I'll be buying a Peavey Classic 50/50 or a Mesa 50/50(the ones with the lo power switch).So,since the peavey is noisy,it wouldn't be much good for "bedroom recordings".Any tube amp wouldn't be good for bedroom recordings anyway

And Inazone, great pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                Great action pics as usual, Inazone! Are you running the ME-50 directly to the 50/50?
                Yup, and it works out really well. I used to use a Classic 60 power amp instead, but it doesn't have the presence or resonance controls of the 50/50. I wanted something that would be smaller and require less tweaking than a head but a little more versatile than the Classic 60, so the 50/50 was a good choice. The ME-50 has a pre-distortion "Tone Modify" section that is pretty cool when switching between different guitars with different pickups without needing to make EQ adjustments.

I couldn't make the most of the new setup though, because it was a very small club with only the drums and (obviously) vocals mic'd, meaning no monitors . . . and nowhere to stand except *beside* my cab. I could just barely hear myself because of it, but rumor has it that everything sounded good.
                sigpic

Comment

Awesome pics bro!

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
                    Me too

Cool photos.
                    www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Originally posted by Speiro View Post
                      Me too

Cool photos.

So,am I supposed to be jealous?

Comment

How much did you 50/50 owners pay for yours? I bought mine blind folded and second hand for $370 some years back, and I'm still amazed how good this amp is for the money.
                        Henrik

Comment

I bought mine last month for $325 BIN. Although that might seem high to some folks, I wasn't going to wait until the last minute and get outbid when I knew it's what I wanted. Prices on these amps seem to be pretty random. I see them go for $200-250 sometimes, yet once in a while they crack $500 with a lot of bids.
                          sigpic

Comment

300 is the average price for that unit.And it's a pretty good price IMHGDMFO.

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
                              IMHGDMFO.
                              You always crack me up, dude. You are very ill, YMFSB.
                              Henrik

Comment

Working...
                              X