Well I'm here......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I'm here......

In Albania. Even though it has been a capitalist country now for a few years, it really still carries the aftertaste (for lack of a better term) of the dictatorship (Soviet puppet) that ruled for so long. It reall is one beautiful country though. At the place that I am staying, we are nearly 8000 feet above the city of Tirana (capital), and as we travel up the winding mountain road with 700 foot dropoffs no guardrail....and people passing us WITH oncoming traffic....you can look off to the west and see the Adriatic Sea in the far distance. It is awe inspiring. If and when I can, I will post pics of some of it.
    Later!!
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Nice... please do post some pics when you can.
    Stay safe.
    -Rick

Comment

I forgot. Why are you there?
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Coolness.

You there visiting? Or with the military still?

Comment

I'm here for work with the govt.....ours/theirs/others.....cuz they asked for us LOL
          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Hmm, Albania.

Albania...Albania....

You border on the Adriatic,

Your terrain is mostly mountainous,

And your chief export is crude.

:ROTF:

Anyone care to guess who sang that little number?

Comment

I thought all the Albanians moved to Italy.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                I forgot. Why are you there?

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks Ron. Yor are really good at that. Me? I'm lazy.:ROTF:

Comment

Wow, reading through that site, I can't imagine going there. Must be a bit better now?

Tho, I guess it's safer travelling in a nicely armed Bradley than a Land Cruiser...

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
                      Wow, reading through that site, I can't imagine going there. Must be a bit better now?

Tho, I guess it's safer travelling in a nicely armed Bradley than a Land Cruiser...
                      And you want to be a Cleveland cop? "I want Officer "Bradley" as my partner."

Comment

Well, we're not totally rampant here man. That place sounds like utter military chaos. It's crazy here, but it aint full of gangs unlimitedly armed with military grade weaponry...

It's close, but not quite that bad haha....

Comment

Yeah, Since the Commies left the house it created a vacuum. And we all know that criminals come popping up like dandylions.

Comment

Working...
                          X