This is pretty fucked up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is pretty fucked up...

San Antonio's News, Traffic and Weather Station. Featuring Charlie Parker, Mr. T, Chris Duel, Charity McCurdy, Joe Pags, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Clay Travis, Buck Sexton, Michael Berry and Jesse Kelly. Listen to Spurs basketball and Texas Longhorns football on WOAI. An iHeartRadio station.

Take on the students because they don't have any money to fight back

thats what I'd call legal extortion... fucking a$$holes the lot of them. A few months back didnt they ask a university for access to students computers to see if they had downloaded songs?

Getting money from a few uni kids wont stop illegal downloading

Comment

In Holland a similar organisation like RIAA (Brein) have a legal precedent to lock people up for one day for each 10 illegal copies that were found

Comment

Originally posted by SlasZ View Post
        http://www.woai.com/news/local/story...e-39e2b0efa277

Take on the students because they don't have any money to fight back
        well, this is old news. The RIAA has been doing this for years now. I am ot saying whether I agree with it or not. The thing is that this Barg person in the story ADMITTED she knew what she was doing was illegal so thus she deserves any punishment she gets.

The people I feel sorry for are the 90 year old grannys that get burnt because they set up wireless networks and forget (or do not know how to) set up the security on thier router and have people jump on the connection and do this.

Comment

Another reason to look into how to anonymize your internet presence more thoroughly.

Comment

Working...
          X