No announcement yet.

New USPS postage rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just shipped out a couple of items to JCF bros and about shit my pants when I got up to the counter and the old fart (no offense fett ) broke out the measuring tape, calculator, pixie sticks and what ever else they were using to figure the charges. He said it was all because they hadn't received the chip for their computer yet. Makes me wonder if they're actually figuring eveything right. They kept babbling about "bloom" this and "non-automated handling" that.
    My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

You even have to put the dimensions in PayPal for using Priority Mail. I think they cought on to too many people figuring out the USPS didn't have an oversize 1 and 2 like UPS and Fedex where if you had a package that was oversize 2 and UPS and Fedex wanted $45 to ship it, USPS was under $20. They haven't put it on Parcel Post yet, but I am sure they will.

Comment

Now, any guitar, case or no case, is going to cost a shitbox more to ship just based on the size of the box. And, you can bet your boots that they did the "Oversize" measurements to make sure that every guitar box will be 2xoversize. So, any guitar I sell will be "Taken Down" (You setneck dudes are dead.) no case. The price of cases will plummet.
        Last edited by fett; 05-16-2007, 03:41 PM.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Well I guess its time to start using UPS and other carriers now... the plus is chances are UPS prices ARENT going to go up. They know that if they keep prices where theyre at, theyll get the business over the new more expensive USPS.

It kind of sucks, the post office is right up the street from me and its very convenient... but if theyre going to charge rediculous rates, then to hell with them. This screws us sellers on eBay now too because we wont be getting as much for our items. Great.
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

"Bets?" My airline ticket comparision is so a-pro-po. If the USPS increase sticks, which it will, the rest will raise their rates.

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy View Post
              They must be hurtin for money if they are selling the 'forever' stamps at a fixed rate now. All of the premium serves have gone up considerably. Personally, I use USPS the least for anything larger than a shirt box.
              Actually, afaik I know, they are making money. I forget where I read it, but USPS is aparently pretty well off.

Comment

I had just bought a crapload of stamps earlier in the day i heard about this too.

Comment

I just checked the EMS website, their rates have not changed sine 2004. Not sure what you're talking about. EMS and USPS are not affiliated with each other, they only have a cooperative agreement of sorts.

Originally posted by charvelguy View Post
                  EMS was really good for international. Now if I want a guitar from Japan.. I better pop for a 2 fer.
                  1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Oh, I thought they would be raising prices since they use the US postal service..but they use serveral worldwide. EMS is an independent shipping like DHL. "Since July 25th 2005, China Post, Australia Postal Corporation, Hong Kong Post, Japan Post, Korea Post and United States Postal Service have jointly launched international EMS Promise Service (EMS-PS) for outbound EMS items to other five posts."

Thanks for checking, and to China for keeping the prices down.
                    Last edited by charvelguy; 05-16-2007, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Here is a great example, I think. http://cgi.ebay.com/CHARVEL-CSM-1G-E...hippingPayment

Comment

Working...
                      X