Amazing acoustic guitar tone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing acoustic guitar tone?

Doesn't belong in the Amps/Effects section as far as I would assume...

I'm curious as to how the following acoustic guitar tone is achieved:

Metal guitar pick? Picking close to the bridge/saddle? Sitting in a reverb-friendly room?

As far as I can tell, the tone doesn't have the thin "amaemic" quality of a plugged-in acoustic-electric, and it's not a 12-string...

Alex, picking near the saddle wouldn't reverberate like that would it? Maybe it is some sort of metal pick.
    My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Hybrid picking. The low strings are picked while the higher strings are plucked with the fingers.

The attack on the low strings is too bright to be fingers/thumb (unless the player has a thumbnail that grows sideways, or is using a Clawhammer picking style).

You could also try finding a video?

It sounds a bit like two acoustics layered - maybe a Nylon and a Steel string, or a synthesized Acoustic mixed with a real one.

But then maybe it's the internal transducers mixed with a mic. It's definitely got a subtle piezo tone going.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The fundamental tone was most likely done with EQ. There is a real art to EQ and mixing. A pretty common technique is to zero in on the fundamental frequencies and leaving them alone and then cutting others. So in this example they probably cut all of the super low frequencies and tapered off the low mids. That's the same thing a lot of engineers do to cybmals - it focuses the sound of the cymbals and helps kill bleed through of the drums at the same time.

Also, that recording probably has a good bit of compression on the acoustic guitar.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I agree, the mix plays a big part on this. Are you sure thats not sampled?
          That to me would lead to the sound being shaped by computer even more.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
            Also, that recording probably has a good bit of compression on the acoustic guitar.
            yup
            I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

This is way off topic, but I bought a POS acoustic DECCA guitar. Half the spars were off from the soundboard. I got an old wood cigar box and glued new ones in.:ROTF: I don't know what I did, but this acoustic has reverb.:ROTF: It's sounds great and I love it.
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
              X