Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese factory video - OSHA would croak

This is unreal.

A metal stamping press this size can easily put out 600 tons of force or more, and these guys have to sit inside of it. I run a similar press and we have a mechanical arm that does what these poor guys have to do.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

That could get messy...
    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

wtf.. they could afford a machine like that, but not a fairly simple mechanical arm? Did they steal the press or something? There's no excuse for things like that.
      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

And they are probably seriously underpaid. This is how it was in Europe in the 19th century...

Comment

OSHA, EPA, and Unions are part of the reason work is being shipped over there in the first place.
          1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Originally posted by buzzsaww View Post
            OSHA, EPA, and Unions are part of the reason work is being shipped over there in the first place.
            You don't suppose it has anything to do with them willing to work for a few dollars a day?
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Ugggggggg. Stop shoping at Walmart.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
                +1
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

That's why I said part there are a lot of factors involved

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                  You don't suppose it has anything to do with them willing to work for a few dollars a day?
                  1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                    Plus the fact that the companies do not have to comply with any sort of EPA style regulations.

China is being devastated ecologically with pollution. It's unbelievable. I guessthis is how it was here in America during the industrial revolution (on a lesser scale I suppose here). They are just dumping byproduct into rivers and destroying the place. Considering the mass amount of goods produced (in comparision to the American Industrial revolution) you have to wonder if they'll ever recover from all this damage. We really aren't doing so well, even with fairly strict reform.

Keep buying Chinese, we may never have to have a war with them if we just help them poison themselves into nothingness.

Comment

don't buy epiphones........
                      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by SlasZ View Post
                        And they are probably seriously underpaid. This is how it was in Europe in the 19th century...
                        They most likely get around $200 USD per month with free room and board (all the workers live at the factory). They get 2 vacation days a month, so no weekends off, just a day off every 2 weeks. The average worker comes from the countryside/farming area and has minimal education...

Comment

ok, but where else to shop? All the products I see getting sold here are Made in china. My IPOD is made in china for crying out loud. I paid $325 for it. Probably what most people make a year in china. I now shop mostly at Target, but I dont see a difference except that the store is cleaner than walmart.
                          Sam

Comment

Everything now is made in China. Its like buying $20 at wal-mart and buying $85 Abercrombie (sp?) Jeans; made in the same place, jsut one cost more then the other due to the name.

Comment

I need to get the other video of how coil stock is fed into the press - 4 guys on either side and one guy on a chair. When the press cycles, the guy on the chair yells and the other 4 guys heave the steel into the press.

And yes, we have a machine that does that as well.

What I can't figure out is why we're sending them so many thousands of parts a month when they're obviously set up to make them, and have been buying U.S. steel at such large volumes that they are keeping the mills here in the U.S. running at capacity, causing steel prices to escalate.

I expect to see Firestone Air Springs I made a month ago come back with a "Made In China" stamp on them

And yeah, Walmart is not the problem, neither is OSHA. It's flat out Corporate Greed - they can pay a 12 year old Indonesian girl $1 a day to make the same product they normally pay an adult American $6.50 an hour for.
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X