X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bo Diddley hospitalized after stroke

The Associated Press
    May. 17, 2007 08:53 AM
    DES MOINES, Iowa -- Bo Diddley is in intensive care after suffering a stroke in western Iowa, a publicist said Wednesday.

The 78-year-old singer-songwriter-guitarist and Rock and Roll Hall of Famer was listed in guarded condition at Creighton University Medical Center in Omaha, Neb., said Susan Clary, a publicist for the musician's management team.

Diddley, who has a history of hypertension and diabetes, was hospitalized Sunday following a concert in Council Bluffs in which he acted disoriented, she said. advertisement

Tests indicated that the stroke affected the left side of his brain, impairing his speech and speech recognition, Clary said.

Clary said she has no other details on Diddley's condition or how long he would be in intensive care.

Diddley, with his black glasses and low-slung guitar, has been an icon in the music industry since he topped the R&B charts with "Bo Diddley" in 1955. His other hits include "Who Do You Love," "Before You Accuse Me," "Mona" and "I'm a Man."

Diddley was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1987 and was given a lifetime achievement Grammy in 1998.
    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Sad to hear.
    Mojo coming his way for a speedy recovery.
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Hope he gets well soon!

Comment

bummer, hoping for the best

Comment

Get well Bo
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

that sucks... hope he gets better soon.

Comment

Bo has always been a big inspiration to me. One of the original guitar heros.
              I hope he makes it through this ok. Send him your prayers...

Comment

Bo Diddley, showed the world that "square" is cool, You want tone wood? make a guitar out of a plank hope he comes out of this okay
                I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

he's still alive??! i thogut he died yearsa ago. man.... sad to hear

Comment

I hope all is well for him. He's an original. I'd visit him but I don't know Diddley !!!

Comment

Working...
                    X